Thread: One For The Ladies

One For The Ladies

So had cervical smear test cancelled three times due to covid etc, finally i’m having it at 3.10 this afternoon i’m so scared can’t stop shaking it was so painful last time even though nurse said she would stop i just wanted to get it done so continued, results fine. Dreading it😢

Re: One For The Ladies

l got to have mind done this month l have had abnormal cells in the past so l wouldn't miss it, l find if you are tense it hurts l know its not the most pleasant thing but try and relax its much better you be fine xx

RM try not to focus on it to much as it will consume you up

best wishes xx

Hi Redsmum, sorry to hear you are feeling so anxious. I had mine a few weeks ago, and it was over and done in less than a minute. I know it’s easier said than done but try not to worry too much. Maybe your body was so tense the last, so try and relax your body and see if that makes it easier/less uncomfortable for the test to be done. Hope it goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    l got to have mind done this month l have had abnormal cells in the past so l wouldn't miss it, l find if you are tense it hurts l know its not the most pleasant thing but try and relax its much better you be fine xx

RM try not to focus on it to much as it will consume you up

best wishes xx
    Thank you, might take a diazapan about 10 minutes before to relax me, will update later, take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmum View Post
    Thank you, might take a diazapan about 10 minutes before to relax me, will update later, take care.
    That's a good idea taking a diazepam it will help you relax,I'm super anxious today my hubby going for an op I'm doing everything to take my mind off it, l have to drop him off can't go in with coronavirus situation probably for the best.

But please let me know how you get on us poor women what we have to go through take care RM xx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

That's a good idea taking a diazepam it will help you relax,I'm super anxious today my hubby going for an op I'm doing everything to take my mind off it, l have to drop him off can't go in with coronavirus situation probably for the best.

But please let me know how you get on us poor women what we have to go through take care RM xx
    Hi ladies, i’ve done it and it was far less painful than before, apparently there are different size instruments they can use which i was not aware of previously, it was over in seconds, feel stupid getting myself in such a state. Mrs Stress ed how is your husband will he be home today, how are you feeling about it all, hope you are coping, hugs to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmum View Post
    Hi ladies, i’ve done it and it was far less painful than before, apparently there are different size instruments they can use which i was not aware of previously, it was over in seconds, feel stupid getting myself in such a state. Mrs Stress ed how is your husband will he be home today, how are you feeling about it all, hope you are coping, hugs to you.
    Bless you RM l didn't know that either l will ask for a small one when l get my smear done, so pleased you done it all over well done

hubby doing well thank God hopefully they will let him out this evening they said if he okay and bp was fine 🤗

take care xx RM

Bless you RM l didn't know that either l will ask for a small one when l get my smear done, so pleased you done it all over well done

hubby doing well thank God hopefully they will let him out this evening they said if he okay and bp was fine 🤗

take care xx RM
    So pleased about your husband. Yes nurse told me there are 6 different sizes (who knew) it definitely isn’t one size fits all as i was always led to believe. We live & learn! Take care

Glad you had it done, and was a lot less stressful than last time!

Thread Information