Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pelvic and abdominal pain

Pelvic and abdominal pain

Its been quite the few months. Sometime in march I had some rectal pain. This went for a few months before I scheduled an appointment with my Gastro. With the quarantine I could not go see him for a bit but eventually did. He id a DRE exam and told me it was internal hemmies. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy about a year a 8 months ago which said I had internal hemorrhoids. Of course I was not satisfied with his answer since it was still bothering me. He told me start taking more fiber (metamucil). I started doing this and about a month after started having some bloating and stomach discomfort. Decided maybe I should stop taking metamucil. I should mention that the whole time I have been way more gassy than normal, every since this whole thing started. Now for the past week the pain seems to have started to concentrate around my pelvic area on the left, my lower back is also hurting. I have been sleeping pretty good but yesterday I woke up and my had pain. It feels like gas pain and I think it feels better when I pass it but then returns quickly.
    I know I have health anxiety and recently started seeing a therapist and I am as of 2 days ago on buspirone for the anxiety. I am trying to convince myself that this can all be anxiety related or maybe IBS but its getting harder since it is still around and just keeps in a way getting worst. As far as the hemorroid pain, it comes and goes, when I have stomach problems I almost seem to forget about that and don't really have pain (which makes me think that this is in my brain) but if I start thinking of it and feel good from my stomach I start to feel it again. My diet is not great but it is also not so bad and I just don't know what to do anymore save for going to gastro again (which I do have a follow up in october). I know he is going to mention that I just had a colonoscopy less than 2 years ago, ect. He is not wrong but my mind wonders.

Re: Pelvic and abdominal pain

That's exactly where I feel pain too! Sometimes it feels like a very acute pain in one spot. I also have bloating, irregular bms, etc., but the pain worries me most. It started with an infection and never went away. My health anxiety ramped up considerably after that bad experience. My doctor says I have IBS. I've had an ultrasound, CT scan, many many blood tests, and everything is normal. Of course since I haven't had a colonoscopy, I wonder...but my doctor said I didn't need it because of my normal blood and stool results. I hope for both of us it's just anxiety and we can overcome it.

I know I have been stressed for a while so anxiety is definitely at all time high. As of yesterday I started low FODMAP diet and see how that goes. I never done it but I am going to give it a shot to see if I can connect this to a specific food (since my diet is not always great).

I hope it is just health anxiety too and also hope therapy helps me out on that front too.

Hope you feel better as well!

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    As of yesterday I started low FODMAP diet and see how that goes. I never done it but I am going to give it a shot to see if I can connect this to a specific food (since my diet is not always great).

I hope it is just health anxiety too and also hope therapy helps me out on that front too.

Hope you feel better as well!

I was going to suggest the FODMAP diet. My wife and I follow it for reflux. Keep a food journal too. We found foods on the list that are good that bothered us and some on the bad list that we're good with so that list really helps.

Good going on the therapy and meds too. You're taking a very positive and pro-active approach.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you Fishmanpa. Day 3 of the diet, can't say I am feeling better but I know that it may take a bit and I am willing to give it a try and see how it goes.

Low Fodmap is going ok, overall I have been feeling better, yesterday the bloating almost was not there and overall have been better. The pelvic pain still there and is weird just because I am not quite sure its muscular or digestive. I am going to keep with the diet and give it the 2/3 weeks it deserves before introducing stuff again.

Of course I weight myself today and I am down 3 and half pounds. I have been eating a lot less on the diet and pretty much very little snacking and big cut on processed food so I should probably think that is why I lost the weight, in my head though it is something else and has given me some anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    Low Fodmap is going ok, overall I have been feeling better, yesterday the bloating almost was not there and overall have been better. The pelvic pain still there and is weird just because I am not quite sure its muscular or digestive. I am going to keep with the diet and give it the 2/3 weeks it deserves before introducing stuff again.

Of course I weight myself today and I am down 3 and half pounds. I have been eating a lot less on the diet and pretty much very little snacking and big cut on processed food so I should probably think that is why I lost the weight, in my head though it is something else and has given me some anxiety.
    That's great news! Keeping a food journal I hope

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I am doing that Fishmanpa. For example I have noticed that cheese (and I have of course been sticking to low FODMAP cheese) seems to upset my stomach a bit so even though I am not ready to write that out, I am starting to make that connection.

ughhhh, last night sucked. This pelvic/low adbominal pain is awful. It really feel like gas pain but even if I pass gas it still does not go away completely. Kept me up for a bit before finally getting some sleep and waking up feeling crappy with it again. Its weird because I actually had a decent day with little discomfort.

Being having much the same since March and had an colonoscopy last Thursday. My gastro said so much tummy bloating, gas etc is caused by gut bacteria imbalance. He has recommended FODMAP to me and also Symprove. Not sure if you can get this in the states, but look it up. May be of help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information