Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pelvic and abdominal pain

Re: Pelvic and abdominal pain

thank you for the reply. I have been feeling better overall but the pelvic pain still there. Its weird because I also have back pain, the back pain feels muscular but the pelvic is a mix of muscular but also digestive. It hurts more when I move, if I bend down for example. But at least I have not been bloated and feeling sick all day so that is good. Not sure if it was a low fodmap which I started going off of. also started taking pre biotics.

I'm back on the low fodmap (snooze). Needs must though. My insides are playing up BIG time. I've learned my lesson though - last time I had a flare up like this, I ate loads of gluten free bread - which is rice based - and it stodged up the ol' stoolies right enough, but then I got severely constipated which played massively into HA's hands.

I am stressed to buggery (Pa-in-law is v poorly amongst other things) and my insides are responding with gas, gurgling, pain, aching - the works. But I was reading a thread this morning and somebody mentioned antibiotics, and I remembered that I was given high strength antibiotics earlier this year (didn't even need them, but GP was being 'cautious') so now I am thinking that maybe they are at least partly responsible. So, time for some probiotics that I probably should have taken earlier in the year.

what is really strange is that I actually don't feel that bad right now as far as bloating goes anymore, and not feeling sick anymore, gas is not as bad. Not on the low fodmap anymore but been eating what I want again and am better (prob need to eat better, thats the thing about the low fodmap, it forced to not eat a lot of crap since most is not low fodmap). However the pelvic pain still here, not all the time but there. Also notice that is also back pain, almost goes form the back to the pelvis, its very strange because it feels muscular but also not.

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    Its been quite the few months. Sometime in march I had some rectal pain. This went for a few months before I scheduled an appointment with my Gastro. With the quarantine I could not go see him for a bit but eventually did. He id a DRE exam and told me it was internal hemmies. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy about a year a 8 months ago which said I had internal hemorrhoids. Of course I was not satisfied with his answer since it was still bothering me. He told me start taking more fiber (metamucil). I started doing this and about a month after started having some bloating and stomach discomfort. Decided maybe I should stop taking metamucil. I should mention that the whole time I have been way more gassy than normal, every since this whole thing started. Now for the past week the pain seems to have started to concentrate around my pelvic area on the left, my lower back is also hurting. I have been sleeping pretty good but yesterday I woke up and my had pain. It feels like gas pain and I think it feels better when I pass it but then returns quickly.
    I know I have health anxiety and recently started seeing a therapist and I am as of 2 days ago on buspirone for the anxiety. I am trying to convince myself that this can all be anxiety related or maybe IBS but its getting harder since it is still around and just keeps in a way getting worst. As far as the hemorroid pain, it comes and goes, when I have stomach problems I almost seem to forget about that and don't really have pain (which makes me think that this is in my brain) but if I start thinking of it and feel good from my stomach I start to feel it again. My diet is not great but it is also not so bad and I just don't know what to do anymore save for going to gastro again (which I do have a follow up in october). I know he is going to mention that I just had a colonoscopy less than 2 years ago, etc. He is not wrong but my mind wonders.
    Hi stop taking the Metamucil, a lot of people can't take it (I'm one) as it causes all sorts of gastro issues. That's because it's soluble fibre and not insoluble fibre. Try all bran instead or a product call Normacol (which is insoluble fibre).

If your colonoscopy and endoscopy were clear then you're fine. A clear colonoscopy is good for 10 years and an endoscopy 3 years, Take care

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Hi stop taking the Metamucil, a lot of people can't take it (I'm one) as it causes all sorts of gastro issues. That's because it's soluble fibre and not insoluble fibre. Try all bran instead or a product call Normacol (which is insoluble fibre).

If your colonoscopy and endoscopy were clear then you're fine. A clear colonoscopy is good for 10 years and an endoscopy 3 years, Take care

oh yeah. I have stoped. Its funny that the gastro keeps telling me to take it but no way. Not only it screws my stomach up but it bulks my stools and without going into much detail, they are super human and definitely not going to be good for my hemmies which I know I have. So I stoped taking it a while ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information