Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Feel Completely Empty and Alone

Re: I Feel Completely Empty and Alone

Sorry for such late reply, been switched off. I know, and thank you, hopefully the days will get better soon x

@whispershadow Thank you *HUGS* x

@GloriaFL Hi Gloria, sorry for late reply, just been off for a bit. I'm sorry you're feeling this way, I honestly hope you're doing okay. I agree with another person here about maybe contacting someone from where you are about how you're feeling, or if you have someone to confide in about this. I don't cope well with my emotions but I try with silly things like having a routine to keep me focused.

Stuff like brushing my teeth in the morning, taking my medicine, sitting in my garden for 10-20 minutes while its early and theirs no noise just to get some fresh air and feel calm. Walking my dogs at a certain time, having dinner at the same time or just trying to keep that routine makes me feel better sometimes. That's my strange way of coping with my emotions sometimes.

I just want you to know, even from a stranger online, that you really aren't alone, if I've learned anything, their are people out there that genuinely care and can listen. Hope you're well, and please keep in touch x

@Dorabella Hi! Yeah, I honestly had to stop becoming so obssessive over the news as everything just made it worse. Sorry you're feeling that way too, it just happened overwhelmingly for me. I was okay for a few months through this worldwide pandemic, then all of a sudden couple weeks back just got this all encompassing dark cloud come over me. Really strange feeling because I've had depression and anxiety since I was really young but this was out of the blue.

I'm still in that spot today, I'm just following my daily routine to keep my mind focus, and my cats and dogs keep me focused as they need someone to care for them, so that helps in its own way. The whole looking in the mirror is the same still too, still feeling rough when I look in the mirror, partly from lack of sleep, rough sleep, bloodshot sometimes, and general exhaustion could be making me see myself that way too.

Hopefully it'll start passing, I'm just going to let it go away in its own time and slowly try to get back to some normality, well, my normality. Thank you, take care of yourself too, and yeah NMP is always a comfort when needed x

I got a letter saying I've been called up for Jury Duty. Theirs no way I can do that with my anxiety, living with my mum who is on auto-immune suppressant medication and with the virus as well. It's the very last thing I expected to get, and it was sent to my old address, so a neighbour sent it to me. Honestly, this is stressing me out, so I'm having a phone consultation to my doctor to explain why I just can't go to this at the moment.

So, I'll have to get a letter from my doctor to explain why I can't go. Not with my mum's condition, and certainly not my dad either, regardless of my anxiety too. It would mean public transport, which I just can't do, I'd have panic attacks, as I haven't been on public transport in years either, and not to mention I've barely been outside the house in months beside for emergencies and food. That is it.

Am I terribly selfish for doing this? I just know I won't cope travelling on my own, nor going out in this pandemic with the numbers spiking here, and then coming home to my parents who both have weak immune systems, or compromised immune systems, I just don't feel safe enough or mentally prepared to do anything like that at the moment.

I hope others who commented here are doing okay.

I'm sure it will be a formality getting a covering letter from your doctor, Mischa. Jury Service isn't an option for you and you don't need to justify this to us.

I'm surprised you have even been asked to attend in view of the pandemic but I suppose there is a backlog of court cases..

Hi Mischa, yes don’t worry about it, I’m sure that you will be easily able to get a note from your doctor. I think most people would have grounds to get out if it at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a letter years ago Mischa for jury service. A doctor's letter was enough and I was excused, you will be too.

Hi Scass, hope you're doing well. Yeah, I contacted today, he wasn't very pleased about it but I explained my situation, so he will make one out for me but I have to pay due to the situation, so hopefully can get it sent off tomorrow.

@fishman65 I contacted my doctor today, he wasn't great about it but he did give me one, so hopefully with that being sent it will give a credible reason why I couldn't do it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information