Thread: Cannabinoid (CBD) contraindicated w/- tricyclic ADs (TCAs), carbamazepine & clonidine

Cannabinoid (CBD) contraindicated w/- tricyclic ADs (TCAs), carbamazepine & clonidine

Penn State College of Medicine has published a list of prescription medications that may not work as intended when people take them together with medical cannabinoids, CBD oil, or medical or recreational cannabis.

The list includes medications with a narrow therapeutic index, i.e. have a small margin between a therapeutic dose and a toxic one and should only be taken under medical supervision. The list (PDF) includes all TCAs, plus carbamazepine and clonidine which are also sometimes prescribed for psych disorders.

They have also released a more comprehensive list (PDF) of meds which interact with CBDs to a lesser extent (it also has the meds from the 'narrow therapeutic' list above). Included are some benzodiazepines, bupropion, buspirone, duloxetine, melatonin, quetiapine, tianeptine, valproate/valproic acid and zolpidem.

Re: Cannabinoid (CBD) contraindicated w/- tricyclic ADs (TCAs), carbamazepine & cloni

Good article, Ian. How you doin?

Re: Cannabinoid (CBD) contraindicated w/- tricyclic ADs (TCAs), carbamazepine & cloni

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    How you doin?
    I'm doing great, Vee, no doubt helped by my 'interesting' life. Take yesterday, freezing cold, almost non stop rain, a sewer pipe blocked out in the field and being a Sunday the only decent plumber within miles has decided to spend the day where the Sun was shining. So guess which muggins was wielding a shovel out in the elements? If it gets any more interesting my life will be the death of me.

But thanks for asking. I hope you're enjoying less 'interesting' times, Vee.

BTW-how's the world domination business going? Making any progress? I'm getting bored waiting for you to accomplish the mission so I can bump you off and take over. I've got a whole universe to dominate and you're holding me up so please extract the digit!!

Wow...that's quite a $hit story, Ian!

I'm also have some "interesting" times...just not as gross as yours...the usual family drama and online school started today.

Well, since I was able to deduce your dastardly plans I've decided not to keep you updated on the WD in order to preserve my dominance. Let's just say I'm working on some things for November

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    and online school started today
    You have my sympathy. Online is the only way I could be a teacher of kids. In a classroom the homicide risk would be too high. I'm sure I only survived adolescent because my early schooling was by correspondence and pedal radio so out of reach of my teachers. I probably made half the psychiatrists in Perth rich from treating them. Should have asked them for commission.

since I was able to deduce your dastardly plans
    Deduce my plans??? I told you what they were, Sherlock. See I'm a nice guy, I prefer to slip the political stiletto in from the front. None of that backstabbing nonsense. Ensures I sleep well at night.

Hey, don't get onto me :P Children have ruined my brain!

Well, I was a nightmare for my teachers. I'm sure that's why I ended up as one...karma always gets ya!

You know, we could join forces... You might like a regime change We have cookies on Fridays and I'll let you lace them with meds

Thread Information