Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Severe esophagus symptoms, really scared

Re: Severe esophagus symptoms, really scared

My understanding is LPR does not respond to PPI as it can be caused by low acid. I think I have this as well as my ears keep blocking, I’ve been having to keep clearing my throat, coughing and have the aerosol light acid feeling in my throat. Good luck,

Hi guys, a little update after my appointment today...
    I feel so much better and very reassured after speaking to the Gastroenterologist. He said I've not to worry (ha!) about anything life threatening as he really doesn't think it is anything serious at all. He was very thorough and went through all my symptoms individually and he said he thinks it might be allergy related. He said that food allergies can sometimes inflame your esophagus. He is sending me for an endoscopy and for a coeliac test as well as more stool samples to test for inflammation. He doesn't think my long term cough has been from reflux as he looked at my notes from past ENT tests and said there was no sign of reflux in the larynx.

So all in all I'm feeling reassured and hoping that my brain doesn't start doubting things again before my tests. Hope that reassures others too that I have a lot of red flags and it doesn't necessarily mean cancer!!

Quote Originally Posted by hannah25 View Post
    Hi guys, a little update after my appointment today...
    I feel so much better and very reassured after speaking to the Gastroenterologist. He said I've not to worry (ha!) about anything life threatening as he really doesn't think it is anything serious at all. He was very thorough and went through all my symptoms individually and he said he thinks it might be allergy related. He said that food allergies can sometimes inflame your esophagus. He is sending me for an endoscopy and for a coeliac test as well as more stool samples to test for inflammation. He doesn't think my long term cough has been from reflux as he looked at my notes from past ENT tests and said there was no sign of reflux in the larynx.

So all in all I'm feeling reassured and hoping that my brain doesn't start doubting things again before my tests. Hope that reassures others too that I have a lot of red flags and it doesn't necessarily mean cancer!!
    Hi Hannah so glad that you got some reassurance and feel a bit better about it all, it makes such a difference when you can actually speak to a professional who can put your mind at rest doesn’t it. Don’t let your brain focus on negatives and see this as going forward in a positive frame of mind to finding answers to your symptoms. Its interesting what he said about allergy’s inflaming the esophagus, i have been wondering myself if certain things i eat do that to me because i can be fine then all of a sudden my throat & back of tongue feel painful & swollen, i’ve gone to bed taken a nytol tablet which i’m sure has got anti histamine in it & by next morning the feeling has gone. Goodness knows whats going on with me i’m a mess! Anyway thanks for letting us know & take care.

Thank you!

What's going on with you then, is that your only symptom or are you struggling in other ways?

Glad that you are getting sorted out

Hannah all my symptoms revolve around my throat, drives me mad, i’ve had a right spell of it for last few months, for years on occasions i would often get the lump feeling, but after discussion with dr i was diagnosed with silent reflux as i never get heartburn just the lump. Anyway been taking lanzoprazole & don’t seem to get that now. But my problem now is different feelings in right side of throat, sometimes i get mucus in my throat, sometimes it feels like someone’s pressing on side of throat, sometimes bit of a sore throat on that side, i feel at times like its an allergy sort of thing as i can wake up with the feeling. Today i got some hay fever tablets & it did seem to help. I just don’t know what to think its always on my mind i just want it to go & live a normal life without constant worry.

So sorry to hear that! I've had a cough for years and wonde whether that's been silent reflux all along too. Have you seen a doctor recently about your new problems? I've started worrying again today about my symptoms, I'm hoping I can get my tests soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah25 View Post
    So sorry to hear that! I've had a cough for years and wonde whether that's been silent reflux all along too. Have you seen a doctor recently about your new problems? I've started worrying again today about my symptoms, I'm hoping I can get my tests soon.
    hi hannah, in our area when i phone dr’s they just triage you then someone rings you later on, i have spoken to them a few times but i find it hard to say all that i want to say on phone. Too be honest had really bad day yesterday didn’t sleep well night before & my throat was on my mind constantly all day i just felt so fed up & worn down with it all i was agitated, shaking all over felt so bad, was thinking i may pay to go private & have the camera up nose & down throat which i’ve had twice before some years ago & nothing was found. Anyway today i woke up & no throat feeling, felt calm no shaking just entirely normal, been good all day just got it a bit now. Its been so nice to think of other things because in the end it just gets so boring with your mind churning the same problem over & over. I’m praying i can have another good day tomorrow. Did they give you any idea how long it would be for your tests, i hope its soon for you coz all the waiting doesn’t do us ha sufferers any good does it.

We have the same with the doctors but I just kept phoning and telling them I hadn't improved. I've been losing a lot of weight too so eventually they had to do something. Phone them again and tell them how much you are worrying about it. Maybe they can do some bloods or something to reassure you a bit? That's reassuring that you've had the camera down before and it was clear, that's definitely good news! You're right it does get boring and so exhausting. I've had a bad day today after posting on another forum and someone replying saying they had the same symptoms as me and it was a tumour. The worst thing you could read as someone with HA!! So in panic mode again now.

Hannah ignore what the person on the other forum said & just concentrate on what the gastroenterologist told you at your consultation, you said yourself he was very thorough and went through all your symptoms with you and you felt reassured, hold onto those thoughts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information