Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bat Bite rabies, symptoms showing.

Bat Bite rabies, symptoms showing.

Hey all, I had a brush with rabies last year, but this year seems to be a real doozy.

A few weeks ago I helped My Inlaws clean some shruberry, at the time I didn't notice any bat's or other critters in the dead bushes.

Fast forward three weeks later and my left hand just starts tingling out of nowhere, followed by intense anxiety and panic!

What if a damn bat bit me in the shrubs and I didn't feel it. I ran to my er who basically told me that what ifs are considered exposures and since no bat was present ( that I saw!) they would not be admistering the PEP shot. They basically discounted me as nuts.

Now I have cough, nervousness and anxiety and nausea.
    So terrified this is it.

Re: Bat Bite rabies, symptoms showing.

Yes, you are a bit nuts, sorry to say.

If you encountered a bat, you'd have known.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post

I hope I would have, I just keep waking up in the throws of a panic attack, I've looked through the entire house looking for the bat.

I'm almost sure one bit me and we just didn't see him!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post

l have to agree with you BlueIris sorry Jadex9 but come on three weeks later no bite marks no pain straight away your definitely having very irrational thoughts, and that's all it is along with horrible anxiety take care

best wishes xx

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    l have to agree with you BlueIris sorry Jadex9 but come on three weeks later no bite marks no pain straight away your definitely having very irrational thoughts, and that's all it is along with horrible anxiety take care

best wishes xx
    I mean I wish that's all it is.

I've suffered from Health Anxiety my entire life, but this feels so different. The anxiety won't ease up and I can't even eat, have no appetite just feel like death.

Everyone's telling me to relax here at home, but in my heart I know there might have been a bat.

You didn't see or feel a bat.

You know what that means? There was no bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadex9 View Post
    I've suffered from Health Anxiety my entire life, but this feels so different.
    It’s always ‘different this time’ I can’t even begin to count the amount of times I said that during my battle with health anxiety. Now I’m firmly on the bother side of it, it becomes more obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thank you guys for your response, I truly hate this feeling of doom, it just feels so real and different, I hate Health Anxiety , people dont understand how debilitating this is to live this way.

Thank you guys for your response, I truly hate this feeling of doom, it just feels so real and different, I hate Health Anxiety , people dont understand how debilitating this is to live this way.
    Jadex9 you say it feels so real, remember anxiety is real your thoughts are just thoughts it doesn't make them happen, and can be very debilitating as we know, try and change your thoughts it is hard but it can be done take care xx

best wishes

Hey, I get it. I live with it every single day. I'm "better" in the morning, but it gets worse I the day wears on. Rabies is a big one for me. They say is knowledge is power. It is powerful... But that knowledge can be used for good or evil. I find the more I know about things, the more it drives my terror. But, if you look in the right places and skip over the wrong lines, you can find information that soothes your fears rather than exacerbates them.
    Last edited by deejayjewels; 18-08-20 at 05:50.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information