Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bat Bite rabies, symptoms showing.

Re: Bat Bite rabies, symptoms showing.

Bruh. Think of all the people that sleep outside for.one reason or another at night. All the drunkards that must brave the walk from their Uber to their door (or from the bar, even), all the backpackers and campers and people that live on farms and work late and all the gardens people tend and all the kids that play outside all day. Really consider the three hundred million people that live in the US. If it was that easy to get bitten by a bite while you were completely conscious, we'd have more than a couple cases of human rabies each year. Of the rabies cases we do have, many occur outside of our borders. Furthermore, while there are cases that occur in homes while people sleep, even if they didn't find a bite, they *always* knew of the bat. Saw it, caught it, let it out.

I really do know how you feel. I understand that the concept of a ninja bat doesn't seem all that far fetched. But, the statistics disagree with us.

Have you often had panics over simply your mortality? I often had attacks over it as a child. The most progress I ever made was to work on being comfortable with the idea of mortality. You're not their yet, but you may want to try it. Another bit of advice: not sure what you do for a living, but consider getting some part-time work at a vet, shelter, or animal control. They are required to get rabies vaccinations.

Hey everyone!

So I went today to my doctor, she decided to put me on Buspar to help along with the lexapro, and recommended I start therapy with a local psychiatrist to help deal with my health anxiety more.

I told her about my ongoing rabies fears, and how my arms/hand burn and tingle and she said thats all part of the anxiety, I told her I feel hopeless and she said thats part of the panic and anxiety too, apparently lexapro kills my appetite and sleep, she said she doesnt want to keep entertaining the rabies during our visits, will not entertain the idea of a PEP shot, and that my " bat hypothesis " is absurd, she said I would definitely know if a bat bit me, and that my mind keeps conjuring up scenarios that arent realistic.

I know how crazy this must all seem to you guys, thank you so much for your kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadex9 View Post
    Hey everyone!

So I went today to my doctor, she decided to put me on Buspar to help along with the lexapro, and recommended I start therapy with a local psychiatrist to help deal with my health anxiety more.

I told her about my ongoing rabies fears, and how my arms/hand burn and tingle and she said thats all part of the anxiety, I told her I feel hopeless and she said thats part of the panic and anxiety too, apparently lexapro kills my appetite and sleep, she said she doesnt want to keep entertaining the rabies during our visits, will not entertain the idea of a PEP shot, and that my " bat hypothesis " is absurd, she said I would definitely know if a bat bit me, and that my mind keeps conjuring up scenarios that arent realistic.

I know how crazy this must all seem to you guys, thank you so much for your kindness.
    First off. Great going by discussing your anxiety with your doctor and taking a step toward slaying the dragon! Glad to see she sees the same things we're seeing and helping you treat it

Now... concerning that fear?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    There are no such things as Ninja Bats (.) PERIOD! End of subject. No what ifs, or buts....
    A well deserved....

Good going and looking forward to hearing about your progress!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Having a relapse of sorts.

So I've had this weird rabies fear now since last November, it went away, came back and went away. Now it's come back!

My hand is in pain, from wrist to fingers, and my headaches constantly.

I'm afraid a bat may have bitten me on my Inlaws porch swing two weeks ago, and now the rabies is returning.

I felt a weird sting/itch sensation on my upper back when sitting on their swing, I remember not thinking much of it but now I'm terrified it might have been a rabidbat that squeezed his head through the slats of wood and bit my back and flew off before I can see him.

Ive been out lexapro and Buspar and have been doing therapy.

I've also had terrible insomnia.

Can someone talk me down, my irrational brain is starting to take root.

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Rabies doesn't come and go - it would have killed you by now.

YOU DO NOT HAVE RABIES

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Your symtoms could be a result of the medication your on. Both Lexapro and Buspar increase serotonin so you be having mild serotonin syndrome or just side effects from the meds.

You might want to add a benzo....they work far better then those meds and will help you sleep. They are addicting and not a great option long term but maybe to get you past this episode. Klonopin would probably be the best option as it is very long lasting.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information