Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bat Bite rabies, symptoms showing.

Re: New worsening symptoms! Update!

Jadex9 stop this like blue said, you haven't been bitten you would have bite marks and it would be very painful, you need to get help with this its becoming an obsession which its not healthy to you, we totally understand your fear but its extreme anxiety xx

best wishes

Agree with the others... this is beyond irrational at this point. There are no such things as Ninja Bats (.) PERIOD! End of subject. No what ifs, or buts....

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Guys, I just can't pretend it's all in my head, the constant fear, anxiety and parathesia!!!

Go for a walk. Seriously. Take a bottle of water with you. Walk slow, sip slow. Always helps me. I took Lexapro too, stopped for personal reasons, but give it time and it really will help. Panic can absolutely cause most of your symptoms, even altogether, and digestive systems often go out of whack when you start a new med, and can affect your appetite and give you the runs.

It's ok, man. Just breathe. I know you're freak out, but you're ok. I could literally have written your post word-for-word, and I ain't died of rabies yet.

I feel for you Jadex9 l really do but you know the real problems you need to get help for it but until you admit this anxiety no one can help you , you don't even listen to what people are saying to you,

I am going to leave this thread alone as all l feel it's doing is feeding your obsession good luck xx

All of the things you’re experiencing are explained completely by the state of panic you’ve found yourself in and also starting a new med. They don’t work overnight and can actually cause an increase of anxiety at the start, they take weeks to work, often longer to find the correct dose, then longer to stabilise on that dose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Re: Bat Bite rabies, symptoms showing.

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    I feel for you Jadex9 l really do but you know the real problems you need to get help for it but until you admit this anxiety no one can help you , you don't even listen to what people are saying to you,

I am going to leave this thread alone as all l feel it's doing is feeding your obsession good luck xx
    I understand, and I appreciate you trying to calm me down. I've made an appointment for this Monday to see my Doctor about the anxiety.

I feel like I'm all alone in this pit of dispair as melodramatic as that sounds like.

Lexapro is causing me alot of the side effects that in turn send my rabies phobia and anxiety into Supreme overdrive, my doctor had to call me last night and calm me down and tell me how I need to calm down for the sake of myself.

My body tingles, I sweat profusely at night, legs weak etc. He said all lexapro.

Nobody takes the idea of a bat biting me unbeknownst serious, he thinks it's catastrophizing I've even torn the house apart looking for the carcass of the rabid bat who bit me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadex9 View Post
    I understand, and I appreciate you trying to calm me down. I've made an appointment for this Monday to see my Doctor about the anxiety.

I feel like I'm all alone in this pit of dispair as melodramatic as that sounds like.

Lexapro is causing me alot of the side effects that in turn send my rabies phobia and anxiety into Supreme overdrive, my doctor had to call me last night and calm me down and tell me how I need to calm down for the sake of myself.

My body tingles, I sweat profusely at night, legs weak etc. He said all lexapro.

Nobody takes the idea of a bat biting me unbeknownst serious, he thinks it's catastrophizing I've even torn the house apart looking for the carcass of the rabid bat who bit me.
    I really wish you well xx

Quote Originally Posted by Jadex9 View Post
    I think that your idea of a bat biting you without your knowledge is being taken perfectly seriously, that’s why you’ve been given the medication and the doctors are helping you and explaining what’s causing your feelings.

I would try to use as much logic with this as possible, and even think statistically; what’s more likely 1) the medication your on that is very much known to cause the symptoms your feeling, or 2) a bat that you didn’t see, didn’t feel, didn’t feel a bite from, didn’t see a bite from, that assuming someone else was around at the time also didn’t mention a bat biting you?

These types of thoughts, and the ‘what ifs’ and ‘yeah but..’ type reasoning is even more evidence of anxiety and obsessive thought patterns. This is why we need to challenge these types of scenarios, not to try to prove or disprove them but to feel comfortable with the unknown and move on. There will always be uncertainty and things that remain out of our control in life and we will have much better lives if we can move forwards.

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    I think that your idea of a bat biting you without your knowledge is being taken perfectly seriously, that’s why you’ve been given the medication and the doctors are helping you and explaining what’s causing your feelings.

I would try to use as much logic with this as possible, and even think statistically; what’s more likely 1) the medication your on that is very much known to cause the symptoms your feeling, or 2) a bat that you didn’t see, didn’t feel, didn’t feel a bite from, didn’t see a bite from, that assuming someone else was around at the time also didn’t mention a bat biting you?

These types of thoughts, and the ‘what ifs’ and ‘yeah but..’ type reasoning is even more evidence of anxiety and obsessive thought patterns. This is why we need to challenge these types of scenarios, not to try to prove or disprove them but to feel comfortable with the unknown and move on. There will always be uncertainty and things that remain out of our control in life and we will have much better lives if we can move forwards.

The unknown part is my problem, I have little ones to worry about, to come this far and die to a terrible disease because some rabid creature might have bit me in my sleep two years ago just makes me spiral worse.

I fully understand what you're saying, I just can't " shake the feeling" that I've been exposed to rabid bat bite or saliva. It's driving me literally mad.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information