Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kids back at school, really worried!

Re: Kids back at school, really worried!

What really does concern me is the mass stupidity of people in general as a consequence of confirmation bias on social media.

I have a friend (acquaintance really) on Facebook who I've been connected with for a couple of years (can't remember how). I know this guy has good family values from what he posts, he can spell, he's educated and is an electrical engineer.

A couple of weeks back however, he posted a convoluted article on Facebook about how Bill Gates is pushing vaccines in order to 'chip' the population to control and track them, and how THIS is proof that Covid is a global conspiracy to control all the people.

I mean....what the fvck. Where do you even begin with something like this? How has this man got to this stage in life where he publicly posts stuff like this?

And he's a 'normal' one. If this BS is in HIS head, what on earth is in the head of some of the mouth breathers I see picking their kids from the same school as mine go to.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    What really does concern me is the mass stupidity of people in general as a consequence of confirmation bias on social media.

I have a friend (acquaintance really) on Facebook who I've been connected with for a couple of years (can't remember how). I know this guy has good family values from what he posts, he can spell, he's educated and is an electrical engineer.

A couple of weeks back however, he posted a convoluted article on Facebook about how Bill Gates is pushing vaccines in order to 'chip' the population to control and track them, and how THIS is proof that Covid is a global conspiracy to control all the people.

I mean....what the fvck. Where do you even begin with something like this? How has this man got to this stage in life where he publicly posts stuff like this?

And he's a 'normal' one. If this BS is in HIS head, what on earth is in the head of some of the mouth breathers I see picking their kids from the same school as mine go to.
    One of the trade-offs of free expression I guess (re Bill Gates and social media). I certainly don't buy into all the garbage losers like him (and David Icke) are forever spewing out, and the powers that be seem to be doing naff all about them.

I personally think people like that pair of lunatics should be deprived of their liberties, after all they're taking liberties by brainwashing the gullible and vulnerable, and indeed milking this entire pandemic situation to fulfill their own corrupt-as-hell agendas.

And then we get others (even one or two on here whose names I shall not dare to mention) who even accuse the likes of Dr John Campbell of being corrupt and a proverbial 'know-it-all'.

Generally speaking I find it annoying/unbelievable/weird etc etc, but in the face of Covid people are using this crap as an excuse to just ignore the rules and carry on as usual.

In other words "I can go to the pub because Bill Gates is a lizard".

And sadly, I'm barely exaggerating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xOO9t5HWYs Dr Campbell presenting papers that state categorically children do spread covid and carry a high viral load. Symptoms appear virtually indistinguishable from the common cold in many cases.

How people don't know that kids are germ-bags is insane. I've watched kid leave hot Cheeto dust on their fingers until they've eaten the entire back so they can lick it off, pick their noses with the same fingers and then kiss their significant others with the same mouth and hold their hands in the hallways right after.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    How people don't know that kids are germ-bags is insane. I've watched kid leave hot Cheeto dust on their fingers until they've eaten the entire back so they can lick it off, pick their noses with the same fingers and then kiss their significant others with the same mouth and hold their hands in the hallways right after.
    Some still do that as adults

Saw reports yesterday from Germany that a number of new cases have been uncovered in schools - but among the teachers and not the children.Kids are carriers and spreaders of all types of viruses and bacteria (I never go near them) but as long as you hose them down when they get home from school - make them wash their hands and change their clothes (which is incidentally what all parents did back in my youth as a matter of course) - then the risk of picking something up from them is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    Saw reports yesterday from Germany that a number of new cases have been uncovered in schools - but among the teachers and not the children.Kids are carriers and spreaders of all types of viruses and bacteria (I never go near them) but as long as you hose them down when they get home from school - make them wash their hands and change their clothes (which is incidentally what all parents did back in my youth as a matter of course) - then the risk of picking something up from them is minimal.
    The “I never go near them” really made me chuckle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Some still do that as adults
    G-d bless your girlfriend, Terry!

Good luck on making over-12 year olds wear masks at school..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information