Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kids back at school, really worried!

Re: Kids back at school, really worried!

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    I work in a school and the amount of things that are going on behind the scenes is phenomenal to ensure the safety of the children. I have a 30-page risk assessment to read which covers every possible scenario and what we are doing to ensure children are as safe as possible.

Knowing what I do and what goes on behind the scenes I personally would be more than happy to send a child to school...

Every school is different but all schools should be following the guidelines from their LEA
    30 pages sounds handy. So is it like the old Mel Smith sketch where he comes home to find his son has had a party and the house is trashed? He reaches for the Yellow Pages and whacks his son over the head with it

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    30 pages sounds handy. So is it like the old Mel Smith sketch where he comes home to find his son has had a party and the house is trashed? He reaches for the Yellow Pages and whacks his son over the head with it
    Well it is all on the computer..... so I would have to whack people over the head with the monitor

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Thanks for this Venus, I experienced some of this when my daughter went back for the last few weeks of year 1 and was very impressed. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you are welcome Scass.... I find it interesting sometimes to know what goes on behind the scenes at places, so thought I would share things that some people wouldn't think would happen in schools.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Let me see if I can explain a bit of what happens in schools from a school staff point of view.

Just to say I work in a primary school ....

Schools are going to have home testing kits to send home if any child has any symptoms at all.

Children are in what they call 'bubbles' and the have specific staff for those bubbles and they do not mingle with other bubbles at all... different classrooms, different play areas etc. Staff from each bubble do not intermingle (is that even a word? lol) either.

If any child is tested positive in a test then the whole bubble will then be off school for 2 weeks, staff included.

Different bins are used for different type of rubbish.... any tissues or anything which have been used to wipe a mouth, nose or anything like that is put into a lidded bin which is emptied twice a day.... the person doing that will be in full PPE mask, visor, apron and gloves. that rubbish will then be stored for 72 hours separate from anything else before being put into the wheelie bins.

Children eat in their bubbles and have the same lunchtime staff each day for their bubble.

The children wash their hands... as they arrive at school, before entering a classroom, whenever they leave a classroom, before lunch and after lunch, and obviously after toileting.
    Hands are also washed if a child sneezes or coughs or hand sanitiser is used.... children are allowed to bring in personal hand sanitiser too. This is all supervised by staff

Hand sanitiser is available for use whenever needed each classroom has a hand sanitiser pump near the entrance door.

Each bubble will come and go from a different door each day and arrival and leaving are at different times for each bubble.

Each child has a named water bottle which is placed on their specific seat in the classroom

If possible all windows and doors to the classroom will be open.

Lunch and playtime will be outside unless wet weather.

Each bubble has designated play equipment and that equipment is placed in a box with Milton at the end of each day.

any equipment such as trikes etc that cannot be put in Milton then it is steam cleaned with handheld steam cleaners.

Each bubble has its own toilets which is used by no other bubble.

Parents will be asked to send their child in clean uniform daily if at all possible.

If a child has PE then they will be asked to come to school in their PE kit to avoid having to all change at the same time in the same place.

All tables will face the same way in the classroom so the children aren't facing each other while sitting at desks.

No contact sports in PE lessons

No whole school assemblies.

Each classroom has a cleaning checklist which staff within the bubble will carry out as well as the school cleaners doing their job in the evenings after school.... The checklist is completed before school, before lunch after lunch if the children eat inside and at last break.... this includes anti-baccing, door handles, sinks, taps, tables light switches and any other things that is a high touch area in the classroom.

Any work or anything to take home will be put into quarantine for 72 hours completely away from anything else in the classroom so they are not touched.

There are many more little things which have been put into place... too many to mention.
    You need to come run things over here, Em. Our districts have not really figured any of this stuff out yet. We don’t have enough bubble space essentially. The other problem is that we are mostly secondary and those students travel around campus.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information