Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: words of encouragement needed please

Re: words of encouragement needed please

Sometimes having someone at work who knows what's been going on with you will help a great deal. You don't have to go into details. But you can make up any excuse you like, some people probably won't ask out of fear that it may seem rude to ask. But if they do, they won't mind at all if you don't explain yourself to them.

Just think.. you've been to work before and been fine, so it's a proven fact you are able to do it again. It's just a normal day at work.

I wish you good luck for your first day back, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Buy some rescue remedy too. It's quick and sneaky. Either in a glass of water or the spray. No one will ever know

Hi Gill,
    Don't forget to remind yourself what a great job you've done in being able to make this decision
    You're doing the right thing by going back as gradually as possible instead of trying to dive in full time, and your employer sounds like a good, supportive one, to arrange this for you. It's best to congratulate yourself on how far you've come, and don't think it's a bad thing if you do need to sit somewhere quiet from time to time, or take things slowly.
    I told my colleagues when I went back to work and they were all very supportive. In fact, it turned out that at least half of them of them had sufferred serious anxiety before too.
    As for the panic attacks you've been having when you think about work, part of it could be anticipation or even excitement rolled up in with your anxiety!
    Hope it goes well,
    Amanda

i have been back at work a little while now and things seem ok

thank you all for your support

i did have a rough time over christmas as my mum was ill and in hospital she gave me a fright ! my anxiety was sky high

when someone you love gets ill it puts everything into perspective the little problems in life just dont matter any more !

i am very close to my mum and i am so glad she is on the mend i pray to god she continues to be well xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information