Thread: Fear of cancer after stomach bug?

Fear of cancer after stomach bug?

Hi everyone. Excuse the formatting, can't get new lines to work. To keep this short and sweet - I'm a 22 year old male, and 8 days ago I suddenly went from feeling perfectly normal to vomiting like crazy the next morning. Since that day, I haven't vomited at all but had occasional nausea and on and off diarrhea, and, the scariest feeling being (as irrational as this is) a pretty much constant gassy/bloated feeling. It doesn't really hurt, but it's that annoying "full" feeling. Normally I only get it after a big meal, or eating certain foods, but it's been fairly constant since the start of the bug. I can't stop thinking "What if it's cancer?? Cancer could cause this symptom... cancer could cause that symptom...". Has anyone else experienced a stomach bug like this before? How long did it last for you? Finally, before anyone asks, I'm booking an appointment with my doctor tomorrow both regarding my anxiety, and the stomach bug. If anyone has any advice, thank you so much.

Re: Fear of cancer after stomach bug?

Sounds like a stomach bug/virus to me but if your discomfort continues get a test for Helicobacter Pylori (H-Pylori), which can cause stomach issues. If you have it, it is easily treated with meds.

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Thank you, I'll ask my doctor about that when I go. Just hoping this goes away ASAP, health anxiety is the worst, and Dr. Google doesn't help when you look up any symptom ever and the first result is always "it's probably cancer".

Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post
    Thank you, I'll ask my doctor about that when I go. Just hoping this goes away ASAP, health anxiety is the worst, and Dr. Google doesn't help when you look up any symptom ever and the first result is always "it's probably cancer".
    Try to stay away from Google, it’s not going to help you and you already know that it was a virus that’s resolving itself. It’s very normal to feel this way after a virus, it can take a considerable amount of time to feel completely normal again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

At the request of my doctor, I got a COVID test. They don't want to be bringing anyone in until they're certain that it isn't COVID. Guess that makes sense, unfortunately means I have to deal with this for a few more days until the results come back.

Thread Information