Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible bat bite very worried

Possible bat bite very worried

I was in my backyard 2 days ago and I was standing in some foot long twigs and leaves and afterwords I noticed 2 small wounds on my leg next to each other and the first thing I thought of maybe it was a bat bite. I should mention that I didn't see or hear a bat but I'm concerned because there are 2 marks. They do kind of look like scratches. I spoke and sent pictures to the county epidemiologist and he said that he can't rule it out and if i think i was bitten, I should get the post exposure vaccine. I would be happy to provide pictures on this matter. Im very torn if I should get the PE or not....please, any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Possible bat bite very worried

Anyway to post a picture on here?

No need to post photos. There are no such things as ninja bats...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I can tell you from very recent experience, youl most likely be turned away at the ER.

They want actual exposure, if you say you didn't see or hear a bat or another animal, you will be told to go home.

You got scratched, you're fine, go about your business

Quote Originally Posted by Goingtobed View Post
    I was in my backyard 2 days ago and I was standing in some foot long twigs and leaves and afterwords I noticed 2 small wounds on my leg next to each other and the first thing I thought of maybe it was a bat bite. I should mention that I didn't see or hear a bat but I'm concerned because there are 2 marks. They do kind of look like scratches. I spoke and sent pictures to the county epidemiologist and he said that he can't rule it out and if i think i was bitten, I should get the post exposure vaccine. I would be happy to provide pictures on this matter. Im very torn if I should get the PE or not....please, any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    So you were standing in some foot long twigs and you noticed some scratches on your leg?

Ya i was standing in some branching weeds about a foot high. Im very worried a bat could have beem living in there and bit me. I have to wounds very close to each other. One is tiny like a pin head and the other is about 10 times the size but they are right near each other. What scares me the most now is the epidemiologist didn't rule out a bat bite and said that if I think i was bitten I should get the shots.....not sure what to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goingtobed View Post
    not sure what to do now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    There are no such things as ninja bats...
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Positive thoughts
    At first I thought you were nuts Fish, but there really does seem to be an epidemic of Ninja Bats out there. I'm also a victim!

Sorry to ask Is it Bat Month again?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information