Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How life has changed!!

How life has changed!!

Hello,

I not sure how many members are the ones who used to know me alot, I was a regular here some time ago but i thought it might be worth posting to hopefully inspire others not to give up hope.

Briefly..two years ago I was still a full blown agoraphobic who suffered panic attack severly, I didn't leave my home for 3 years I'd given up to be honest and at my lowest i considered suicide. Not something I'm proud of by i could see how my life was ever going to be "normal" again.

Anyway the point of this little post is to tell you what I'm doing now.. I turned 24 on the 12th of this month and the change in the last two years still makes me smile.

Firstly I'm no longer on any medication, I am a walking , talking ,almost cocky member of the "normal" world!
    I'm now working full time as a carer to others with Agoraphobia in Devon you should see clients faces when I tell them I used to be just like they are now! lol
    I'm at collage learning my NVQ in care and social care and i seem to be a rather vocal student nowadays not bad for the girl who wouldn't speak for such a long time.

I'm also learning to drive I have my test on the 30th Nov..and when my instructor said to me " you might get a little nervous on the day" I burst out laughing and replied" If i can bring my life back from the brink than i can do anything!"

In short It's been a long old road and took nearly everything I had but I done it, I'm "normal" whatever that means...I mean I'm off out tonight, going clubbing with friends, had you told me I would be doing that a few years ago I would have paniced at the thought!

I just wanted to hopefully help anyone who might be feeling a like their life is over, I promise you it is not, you can do this, please, please do not give up!!

I don't have the magic answers ( sorry if you PM me asking how to do it!) I guess the turning point for me was panicing so much in an Asda car park that i couldn't panic anymore is when I realised it can't hurt me,no one is looking and more to the point no-one cares if i'm panicing or not!

Oh and by the way, you never faint or throw up no matter how much you think you are going to!! lol

I really hope this helps someone.

Thanks for reading this.

Maxine

Re: How life has changed!!

Max,

Its brilliant to see you post and see how well you are doing, I always ask a certain person how things are with you lol

You have achieved so much and no one deserves it more than you do.

Its really made my day reading your story

Love

Trac xxxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Hiya Trac!

How are you??

Thank you for taking time to read my post, nice to see someone remembers me lol

As for that certain someone I'm still trying to persude him to meet up lol...We rabbit on the phone nowadays, just checking he's alive

Lol Max,

My agoraphobia really got me this year, thats why im so pleased to see how well your doing, I shall keep battling on though.

Im really pleased you came back to post about it.

Oh and I think you will be pushing that certain someone forever lol mind we do speak on the phone now too lol

Keep in touch mate

Trac xxxx

Sorry your agoraphobia is being so difficult at the minute, you can do it chick I know you can. Keep your chin and keep trying you'll get there in the end.

As for the certain someone I will end up driving up there and knocking on his dorr if he ain't careful! lol

Thanks mate

And someones ears are burning right now lol

Love

Trac xxxx

hello maxine.

i'm new to this site so i wouldn't have known you back when you were here lots, i just wanted to say how great that you are and what hope that coming back here to give us a good its ok is so very uplifting.

i don't suffer with agraphobia lots but i don't stay out too long as i start thinking i will collapse even if i'm not having a panic attack just generally out of the blue - its these thoughts i have to seal with now as i'm no longer afraid of the physical symptoms.

congratulations or your life achievements and one day i will be back here doing the same. good luck in your "normal" life

Sammi xxx

AND YOU'LL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

p.s not too much though, be HAPPY

Hi Max, lovely to see you again

Great to see that you are doing so well

Kate xx

Hi Maxine

Wow - long time no see

So lovely to hear you are doing so well and thanks for the update. It is aways great to hear from people that have recovered as sometimes we never know what happened to people.

Well done on all your successes and so pleased for you

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Maxine

What a lovely success post, so pleased to hear you are doing so well.

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information