Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about rabies

Worried about rabies

I have been on a rabies streak for about a week now and been really panicking today. I am from the UK so the chances are really low however I remember around 5-10 years ago I was in Bulgaria (the country where i am originally from) and a dog came at me? barked at me, came really close to me and was quite aggressive and I had to put my foot (with shoe on) in its mouth to keep it at distance. Now I'm not sure whether it bit me but I do not recall having any significant injury. This dog hadn't been that aggressive before but I am pretty sure it used to bark at us regularly however what worried me is that I cannot remember whether I ever saw it afterwards which makes me think maybe it had rabies.
    Now this week I noticed I've always had a tingling feeling and twitching in 1 of my feet so became worried. Also this week I have been getting some spasms in my throat when drinking water which was what pushed me over the edge, these happen when I take a big mouthful and my throat almost jumps. These happen at most 3 times a day but only when I am drinking water. Can anyone give me reassurance this is not rabies as having read of some of the symptoms and long periods before symptoms does not help?

Re: Worried about rabies

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Wouldn't you be dead by now if it was Rabies?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My friend,

I'm also in the midst of a rabies panic, let me reassure you on a few things.

Firstly, the dog bite occurred TEN years ago, you say you're not sure it bit you, trust me, if a dog bites you, you know it.

The tingling is good old fashioned anxiety, I have tingling, muscle aches, headaches etx

I'm also 37 years old and my time as a spring chicken has come to pass 😂

You don't have rabies, you have health anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadex9 View Post
    My friend,

I'm also in the midst of a rabies panic, let me reassure you on a few things.

Firstly, the dog bite occurred TEN years ago, you say you're not sure it bit you, trust me, if a dog bites you, you know it.

The tingling is good old fashioned anxiety, I have tingling, muscle aches, headaches etx

I'm also 37 years old and my time as a spring chicken has come to pass 😂

You don't have rabies, you have health anxiety.
    You need to apply this to yourself sorry it made me laugh when l read and replied on your rabies post xx

Best wishes

If only we could practice what we preach!!!!

I guess the meds are finally kicking in😂

Thank you for the reassurance, after some time has passed the throat issue has gone so probably just good old HA.

Panicked about rabies bite?

I was walking to work today and felt a discomfort on my arm but nothing major, so I looked into the bush I was walking next to as I am currently going through a rabies fear. I cannot see anything but then I pull down my sleeve a little bit and saw the picture below. I am worried that a bat bit me and am having a panic travelling to work. I forgot to look on the floor nearby only the bush and am thinking what if there was a rabid bat there or on the tree next to me I did not see which had just bitten me. I googled and read there are bats in my area which has made me freak out. I have never seen a bat anywhere before and have lived here for over 10 years but am really panicking and am scared I cannot be sure. Can anyone tell me if it looks like a bat bite?
    I am really struggling as I was trying to stop being so anxious and wanted to carry on with my day and forget about this but am really panicked that this could cause me to miss seeing the bat and get the medication for rabies.
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 08-09-20 at 11:18.

Re: Panicked about rabies bite?

Are you in the UK, James, like your location flag suggests?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information