Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Worried about rabies

Re: Worried about rabies

I've been down the HA rabbit hole, and seeking reassurance really doesn't help. You need to learn to sit with the discomfort.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I've been down the HA rabbit hole, and seeking reassurance really doesn't help. You need to learn to sit with the discomfort.
    Yes I agree to an extent. I have had periods where I have done that but I think because it is so crucial with this particular disease to get the vaccine quite early it is difficult to sit with discomfort when I am worried I should be doing all I can to get help.

There was no bat.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Guys that fear subsided but now I am worried about a new supposed bat spotting I was walking with my mum at around 7 when something flew over us. It looked completely black but I literally only saw it for half a second so could not even make out how big it was. This panicked me as I was worried so I asked her but she said it did not touch us but there are daubentons in this area and I am panicking about what if it touched me or dropped saliva on my head where I know I have some scratches? It did fly over us quite fast which I am guessing would he quite difficult if it did hit something or landed on me.

Come on Jamie - think about this logically

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

We still don't have rabies in the UK

As someone who has been down the rabies HA rabbithole too you have to recognize that your thoughts are becoming more and more illogical the more you feed the fear, I went through a similar pattern and the only thing that helped was redirecting myself everytime I started to "what if". It took practice and there were definitely times where I struggled and sought out reassurance but the best thing I did was just learn to tell myself "no this isn't realistic or even possible" and then let myself move on. Now when I get those kinds of thoughts, I'm able to dismiss them much more quickly than I used to. You can get there too I promise!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information