Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worried about rabies

Re: Panicked about rabies bite?

Why did you delete your other post about rabies?

The same advice on that one is relevant here.

I am also removing the pictures as we do not want people posting pictures asking for advice.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi BlueIris, I do however I have read that my area in the UK has daubentons bats which are the ones which carry the virus in the UK.

Hi, the other post I deleted was exactly the same one I just added the wrong attachment so had to delete it as I could not remove them from my phone, there were no replies.
    Also I am not sure why the pictures have been removed since others have posted pictures before which were not, is this a rule? Apologies if I am breaking the rules just quite worried

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Why did you delete your other post about rabies?

The same advice on that one is relevant here.

I am also removing the pictures as we do not want people posting pictures asking for advice.

People in the UK don't get rabies, end of. Doesn't happen, hasn't in decades.

Most especially, they don't get rabies from nonexistent wounds from nonexistent bats.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Worried about rabies

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Sorry I thought you had deleted your first rabies post. I have merged them now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie123 View Post
    Hi BlueIris, I do however I have read that my area in the UK has daubentons bats which are the ones which carry the virus in the UK.
    Bats are more afraid of humans than we are of them, so i'm sure you havent got rabies from a bat

My younger cat has a bat friend who comes to talk to her through the door, but as soon as bat sees human movement he/she flies off
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    People in the UK don't get rabies, end of. Doesn't happen, hasn't in decades.

Most especially, they don't get rabies from nonexistent wounds from nonexistent bats.
    I have read all the information regarding rabies in the UK and I am convinced that this is it for me. Its strange isn't it how people with HA always think that they are THE ONE but in the moment it is really difficult for me not to since reading about the one man who did get it. Ive been trying to calm myself down but just read about a man who was the 1at to get it in British Columbia since 2003 and that panicked me hard.
    Last edited by Jamie123; 08-09-20 at 16:51.

Quote Originally Posted by whispershadow View Post
    Bats are more afraid of humans than we are of them, so i'm sure you havent got rabies from a bat

My younger cat has a bat friend who comes to talk to her through the door, but as soon as bat sees human movement he/she flies off
    My worry with this is that if a bat bites me then it can only be rabid since otherwise it would not bite or be out in the day and acting different.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information