Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worried about rabies

Re: Worried about rabies

You don't have rabies and you were not bitten by a bat - end of story

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie123 View Post
    My worry with this is that if a bat bites me then it can only be rabid since otherwise it would not bite or be out in the day and acting different.
    it was likely a insect bite, this country does not have rabies in it
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Hi Guys a small update for those who may care, I have talked to a GP and she reassured me it is unlikely that I have been bitten and referred me to call a number to discuss beginning some sort of therapy which I will do so soon. Now the area has started twitching, itching and feeling like pins and needles in my hand above the injury but I am putting it down to how ive been stressing and stretching my hand looking at it and I don't think they would appear this soon?

Also thank you for all those who did reply it really did help.

I've actually managed to panic myself again, I remember seeing something which looked like a bug fly into my room and land on my tv where the side speakers are then fly off. Its wings were quite fast so I assumed it could not be a bat but now thinking back it had brown on its back which I cannot remember seeing before. It only landed for a small time though so I did not manage to see much of it on the tv and now am worried this could be a bat and the cause of the things on my hand, could this be true? Is there any change a small bat is mistaken for a bug?

Give it up, you're being ridiculous.

It was not a bat - get some help for this please.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Bats are bigger than insects

even small bats
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

I was feeling somewhat better this morning however now I started putting the story together and have panicked again, I am worried the thing I saw on the weekend in my house was a baby bat of some sort and I remember feeling a sharp pain in the spot where I have the 2 marks which look like a bat bite. I am worried it then managed to get out but am now really panicking that I will get rabies, I have started to feel some symptoms in this location and am really freaking out? Do you guys recommend getting the post exposure vaccine?

What help are you getting for your anxiety?

Also, just putting it out there, it's very rude to use a PM to solicit reassurance and then not bother to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    What help are you getting for your anxiety?

Also, just putting it out there, it's very rude to use a PM to solicit reassurance and then not bother to reply.

Hi BlueIris, you are correct it is very rude but in my panic I have been looking and trying to get as much information as possible. I apologize sincerely to you as I did not intend to be rude to someone who was trying to assist me in a bad place. Thank you!

I talked to my GP and she has given me a number and email to call to do with talking therapies which I will do as soon as possible however the panic has not stopped in the meantime so I am still quite worried and looking for more reassurance to rule out the baby bat theory I had as now I believe the "bug" I saw did fall downwards when flying off so I am panicking that this could possibly have been a small baby bat :( this along with the fact I did not see it fly off outside or that I felt a sharp pain where my injury was later that evening or the next day has me going bonkers as usual.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information