Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhausted & rundown with HA, chest & stomach issues

Re: Exhausted & rundown with HA, chest & stomach issues

Yea I agree it was a very positive and reassuring visit. The only problems I have now that I know have a cause is the incredible amount of anxiety in the mornings. This is because of my citalopram. Its not very nice waking up to panic attacks :(

No it's not but at least you know why because SSRIs are notorious for this. You are lucky in having a supportive and insightful doctor so discuss any concerns re the citalopram with him if they persist because ADs aren't compulsory in recovery if they don't suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    No it's not but at least you know why because SSRIs are notorious for this. You are lucky in having a supportive and insightful doctor so discuss any concerns re the citalopram with him if they persist because ADs aren't compulsory in recovery if they don't suit you.
    Yes he is very supportive. The only sad thing is im moving to London in a week or two for my final year of university so I have to switch GP. He did give me some encouraging words of just sticking to the medication and things will gradually improve. I've been on them before so I know they work. Its just the initial build up that sucks haha!

I do have a rather ridiculous question for everyone though, and this is almost definitely my heart anxiety but I'm 29 with a Bmi of about 31 and I am dropping weight quite nicely I was 15st and im now 13st 6 so i've done quite well but, is it too late for me to start losing my weight and exercising to avoid heart problems in the future?

It is never too late and you are only 29 which in my book is very young! Getting down to a healthy weight now will stand you in very good stead for the many years you have ahead of you!

It is never too late and you are only 29 which in my book is very young! Getting down to a healthy weight now will stand you in very good stead for the many years you have ahead of you!

Thank you Pulisa, before I banned my googling I did the silly NHS heart age test and drove my anxiety up. So i've forcibly blocked things like that. I'm going to focus on eating well, exercising and living better now, and hopefully Health anxiety will die off in the background in the process.

Good for you, Aleman. Your recent surgery will have given you an HA blip but I'd advise you to get on with your healthier life now and give this forum a bit of a break because otherwise there will always be
    the potential of being triggered by other stuff?

You're doing really well and are certainly on the right track to recovery!

Good for you, Aleman. Your recent surgery will have given you an HA blip but I'd advise you to get on with your healthier life now and give this forum a bit of a break because otherwise there will always be
    the potential of being triggered by other stuff?

You're doing really well and are certainly on the right track to recovery!
    Yes I'm trying to avoid reading threads incase it really triggers my spiralling again. For now I'll keep my citalopram diary updated and maybe drop in on minor things to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleman200 View Post
    Yes I'm trying to avoid reading threads incase it really triggers my spiralling again. For now I'll keep my citalopram diary updated and maybe drop in on minor things to help out.
    Wish you well Aleman, it is a hard journey we’re on but we’ll all get there in our own time. Enjoy your time in London its an exiting vibrant place to be, take care & look after yourself mentally & physically.

Thank you both of you! Honestly, your kind words have helped me alot during my horrendous time.

I do have a question, during your bouts of Health Anxiety did you ever find yourself googling for hospitals near places you were travelling -Just in case-? And if so, how did you stop yourself? Because I've apparently moved from googling symptoms to looking up local doctors. I have no interest in anything medical (Aside from my anxiety) so I don't know why this is happening.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information