Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still bothered by bowels

Really worried about stomach symptoms

Ok I have a long history of health anxiety. I have diagnosed myself with tons of awful diseases. Recently for the last 2.5 weeks my poop has changed to very soft. I'm vegetarian so I'm sure I'm eating fibre. I'm about a 5 on the poop scale, sometimes a 6. I'm not proud of this but I have been sorting through my poop to make sure there is no blood. I also have dizziness sometimes, headache, jaw ache, peeing a lot, thirsty....About 2 years ago I had bloodwork done because I thought I felt a lump but it was my colon and it turned out and my iron was low, I was told to take an iron supplement but I stopped and never went back to the doctor. Dumb. I got on the pill and stopped menstruating so I felt better. Now with this change in poop, i am convinced I have colon cancer. I'm sure that low iron in 2017 was a sign I had cancer and now it has spread all over me. I talked to two doctors about this poop change and one wants to send me for a ton of blood tests, including the blood in poop one. I'm because myself with worry that these tests are going to reveal something awful inside me and I'm kicking myself for not going back to the doctor to retake my iron that time. I'm sure I have some type of cancer that has spread and I'm already planning how to break it to my loved ones. Anyone have any words of advice when you are actually faced with a health concern ? I can't focus on work and I'm worried

Re: Really worried about stomach symptoms

Hi, I’m sorry that you are going through this. It sounds pretty routine that they are sending you for tests, you just need to think of it as the stages you need to go through to get better.
    What did the other doctor say?
    Might be an idea to start finding ways to relax and distract yourself while you’re waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still bothered by bowels

So over the last 3 months I noticed my poop habits are fluctuating more. 2 disturbing symptoms is I now poop before my coffee (when normally I would have a part of a cup and then poop). Still at the same time more or less though. The other is the texture and calibre has changed, more often then not they range from a 4 to a 6 on the bristol scale when before I think they were always at a 4 though I am not totally sure. I think they were always so solid. I have no idea what's going on and what is triggering the changes. I thought it may be dietary but I can't figure it out. Sometimes with too much fibre they are loose and when I have not enough they are loose. I'm too scared to do a food diary. I just dont want to waste time
    I went to the doc and had FIT test and allergies and they were negative. But from what I saw the FIT isn't super accurate? Then Last week I was peeing and I saw blood on the tp so I went back and they did a rectal exam which turned up a hemmoroid and fissure. The most of last week they were pretty regular poop. Then today it was mushy again. I feel like I am at my end here. I don't seem to get further testing because of the negative FIT and lack of concerning symptoms. But all the websites say I need to advocate and demand a colonoscopy but it just doesn't work that way here. I have read all these stats on how younger people get diagnosed late and need to see multiple doctors before a diagnosis and I am badly freaking out it will be me. I saw something like 80% of under 40s will be dismised and given stage 4 diagoais. When my poop doesnt look good I spend the entire day ruminating and googling and I can't stop. I feel like I will be fired as I am performing so poorly due to the random BMs. I'm just at a loss. The waitlist for gastrointestinal doctor is insane and I am afraid it will be too late even if I do get a referral. I'm just looking for support I guess. I'm scared. Apparently a change in bowel habits is one of the key signs of bowel cancer and though my doctor mentioned red flags are more constant diaherra and going way more than normal, I have read on the actual NHS website a change to looser poo is bad and actual cc survivors say it's a silent killer until it's too late. I'm just looking for support I guess. I'm not sure what to do and feel very alone. I am also scared I have ovarian cancer since it can look like ibs.
    Last edited by Peetabread; 24-08-20 at 00:15.

Re: Still bothered by bowels

Quote Originally Posted by Peetabread View Post
    So over the last 3 months I noticed my poop habits are fluctuating more. 2 disturbing symptoms is I now poop before my coffee (when normally I would have a part of a cup and then poop). Still at the same time more or less though. The other is the texture and calibre has changed, more often then not they range from a 4 to a 6 on the bristol scale when before I think they were always at a 4 though I am not totally sure. I think they were always so solid. I have no idea what's going on and what is triggering the changes. I thought it may be dietary but I can't figure it out. Sometimes with too much fibre they are loose and when I have not enough they are loose. I'm too scared to do a food diary. I just dont want to waste time
    Why are you too scared to do a food diary? It can be very useful.

So, what has changed since your BM's? Has anything changed in your life? Did you have a dicky tummy? Think. Look for a link.

I am also scared I have ovarian cancer since it can look like ibs.
    If it helps, ovarian cancer has been one of my worries given that my mother had it. I've had the same symptoms as you, and no ovarian cancer.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I guess I'm afraid of a food diary because I'm worried it will turn into an eating disorder. Also worried that I will be wasting time with this if there is something serious happening. Ive read some stories on that too. I honestly can't think of that many changes lately. Its been a blur of worry since my poo first shifted and no idea why. I could have been waking earlier, so the morning poop time changed a bit. I dont get why my BMs are shifting so much. This morning they were pretty formed, maybe a bit thin, but bits of foods coming off like bell peppers. They seemed like shorter logs, but apparently its suppose to be quite long to be considered normal. Its getting to the point where I'm worried every day of how my poop is going to look.

You know it's not supposed to look pretty, right?

Not being mean, it just pays not to overthink things.

As someone who's been annd earned their poo badge. I would highly suggest you stop looking at it for a while, like don't even turn around, just flush first then see how you feel. Your bowels change daily, even the slightest change in mood can shift them. If you're truly worried stop googling, talk to your doctor and go from there. It doesn't sound like anything bad.

Hi everyone
    So I started on a low fodmap which was hard to stick to. One or two days I stuck with it I had good poop albeit a bit thin. I also started on an anti depressant and iron pills and I have had some diarrhea a few times since starting. Nasty gurgling stomach and going as soon as I get out of bed. I also re started eating meat again after years and had some diarrhea. I also alternated with small soft poop and constipationm I am still convinced I have ovarian or bowel cancer. My bowels have been all over the place, some bristol 5s, few 4s. Some nasty diarrhea. I feel I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I have been to multiple doctors and no one sees red flags but after doing some reading of people it seems like people get colonoscopy for far less than what i am having. Part of me does think it could be side effects but what if the cancer has grown just at the right time? I'm just so exhausted and fed up. I've also read these stories of people who were dismissed or not examined by their doctors because they were young and I am so worried. The last doctor I spoke with said he had experienced recognizing cc in young people and I didnt have red flags but I was reading some stories of people who seemed to not have classic signs and they got diagnosed too late. I am afraid to take my iron, my celexa, to eat as I'm scared of my poo . Nervous of what it's going to look like every day. Part of me (the small rational side) believes I am experiencing side effects but why dont they happen every day it they are side effects? I am so worried I'm gonna have endless diarrhea. I hate feeling like this.
    Last edited by Peetabread; 09-09-20 at 18:47.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information