Thread: feeling lightheaded when i lay down in bed at night as if I am going to faint

feeling lightheaded when i lay down in bed at night as if I am going to faint

HI everyone

I have not been on here for some time and have been doing well. But i have now this ongoing issue with when i go to bed or lay down at night, I am sleeping on the couch at present! I feel lightheaded as if i am going to faint, like pressure in my head too.. I do suffer with ectopic beats and occasionally my heart beats fast. I just dont know what this is. I also get vertigo regularly but this feels very different.. I also nearly fainted the other day which is just not like me. My BP seems okay - HELP!!!! Thank you in advance kind people xx

Re: feeling lightheaded when i lay down in bed at night as if I am going to faint

I get vertigo a few times a year. My balance goes. I veer into door frames. I get a clicking noise in my ears and I feel dizzy lying down too - which feels odd because you'd imagine that lying down would make things better?

I take it that you've had the heart tests and they're all fine? (I had palps and flutterings for years but taking magnesium has apparently sorted them out and now my heart only races during a panic attack instead of all the time and the ectopics/fluttering has gone)

Re: feeling lightheaded when i lay down in bed at night as if I am going to faint

Thank you for your reply.. This is what is confusing me that when you lay down that it would settle but it doesnt... I suffer with vertigo and it is ongoing and a cross i have had to bear for years..

I had a heart scan about a year ago and it was all okay and i saw a consultant. But they continue... Either my heart races or i get the thumps flutters, thuds, feelings in my throat and stomach it is just so anxiety provoking.. I feel that I am never going to be free from anxiety..

Quote Originally Posted by sammiej123 View Post
    Thank you for your reply.. This is what is confusing me that when you lay down that it would settle but it doesnt... I suffer with vertigo and it is ongoing and a cross i have had to bear for years..

I had a heart scan about a year ago and it was all okay and i saw a consultant. But they continue... Either my heart races or i get the thumps flutters, thuds, feelings in my throat and stomach it is just so anxiety provoking.. I feel that I am never going to be free from anxiety..
    Try magnesium. I have it as a drink at night with a bit of Ribena. Costs me £20 every three months and is worth every penny. Give it a few weeks and see if it's helped any.

My son has anxiety and he started using it and says it's helped him a lot.

Magnesium taurate is considered the best for heart/palps etc but I take citrate because of it's laxative properties, and that's worked for me. I didn't take the magnesium for my palps etc - but I noticed after a month or so that they'd all but gone. Research magnesium and the heart, and if you're taking any meds - run it by your GP because some vitamins/minerals can affect certain meds.

A lot of people are actually deficient in magnesium without even knowing it - same with Vit D.

Thread Information