Hey everyone. I'm in the states, and I've been isolating since the start of the pandemic, but had to go in for my annual check up at the dentist last week. Long story short, I have to have some fillings replaced later this week, and will be in the chair for a good couple of hours. I'll need to return briefly the following week to have a permanent crown set in.

Dental anxiety is something I've always had, but on top of that I'm worried about catching COVID. Everyone at the office is masked, but there are other patients that will be worked on in separate rooms (but no doors) and I worry about aerosols getting into the air and circulating throughout the office. Additionally, school will be starting the week I'll have to have my crown, and I know my dentist will be sending their kids back, so I'm worried about potentially catching it if he is exposed by them.

I'm trying to tell myself that since patients are in other rooms, it would be difficult to spread, and even if the dentist is exposed, the mask will prevent them from spreading it.

Am I worrying for no reason?