Thread: I tested positive for Covid

I tested positive for Covid

Hi,
    this is not meant to scare anyone but more of a lesson. I have massive health anxiety for years and this has been a nightmare, but I am through it!! Yippee!!

We have not left my house or gone anywhere since March out of pure fear of getting coronavirus. The virus didn’t become too horrible here in Arizona until about June and I have been receiving grocery delivery, amazon delivery (can’t stop with Amazon) and not eating any food from restaurants at all. I have sanitized every grocery, mail item, etc. When I go outside I keep distance from my friends/family in my driveway; about 12 feet or more and always wear a mask.
    A couple of weeks ago, I let my guard down and didn’t even realize it. We had a service man come to the house and he was wearing a Gator style mask but he was only working outside so I was fine with that. (Now on the news as the worst type of mask to wear)
    He needed to come inside to check my television remote and I let my guard down by not putting a mask on, but I did stand in the other room. As soon as he left; I used Lysol spray and Lysol wipes to clean his walking area and the remote, but I made one error. I didn’t put my mask on to walk in this area.
    That was all it took. 3 days later the headache hit me like no other pain I have had before and the fatigue was incredible.
    i never had a fever, cough or chest tightness.
    i am on day 13 now and feel better but it was rough. Staying in the upstairs away from my family and fear that I would spread it was the worst feeling.
    I wanted to write this as a lesson to not let your guard down, and trust no one, and wear a mask!!
    stay safe 😘

Re: I tested positive for Covid

At least you survived, which I'm sure you're extremely thankful for.

Thank you for your story. I hope others heed its lessons.

Yes thank you for sharing Meglen. I've often wondered how transmissible this virus is after seeing local supermarket workers seemingly unaffected throughout this whole pandemic. I wish you well.

Are you on day 13 since symptoms started or day 13 since you received your positive test results?

Thank you all for your love notes!
    i am on day 13 from my first day of symptoms and have been symptom free for the past 3 days...except for anxiety..lol

When during the 13 days did you receive positive test results?

[QUOTE=Jujube;1966154]When during the 13 days did you receive positive test results?[/QUOTE
    I was feeling sick for 3 days before I tested and then counted my days from my positive test result.
    it has now been over a month and I am better but having odd symptoms that are lingering; fatigue, chest pains, muscle and joint aches and headaches.

Thread Information