Thread: Finally been sent for womb biopsy

Finally been sent for womb biopsy

So after worrying for weeks, spoke to gynae yesterday, who thinks I should have an urgent womb biopsy in next month. She didnt sound very worried, is going to put a coil in as well. My ultrasound/transvaginal was normal in April. Very worried and depressed. I'm on a period again, still bleeding after 7 days. Had flooding for first day, soaked through clothes. A lot less now, not even showing on pad.
    Last edited by Brizzle; 26-08-20 at 05:29.

Re: Finally been sent for womb biopsy

What is it that you're worried about? Are you having random bleeding?

For what it's worth, I always bleed over over 7 days on my period. I have spotting before and after for two days at least.

I'm yet to be diagnosed with gynaecological cancer (do have fertility problems though).

My periods have been irregular length cycle and different length bleeds since January.
    Small bit of blood at ovulation time, always 12 days before period starts, accompanied by pain in right side for a day or so. Bled for 44 days, finally stopped. Now bleeding 3 weeks after last epic bleed. Flooded first day, bleeding has reduced massively, but on day 8 now.
    Bloods normal.
    Had ultrasound and transvaginal scan in April, 10mm thickness on day 14 of 23 day cycle. No fluid, fibroids,polyps, homogenous womb lining, same thickness all round. Couldn't see left ovary, right ovary looked normal. Considered normal.
    I'm overweight and haven't lost weight since scan. Which means it's my fault if I have cancer. Really hate myself, holiday at the moment and feel enormous guilt when I look at my son.
    Have a underactive thyroid and have lost a couple of stone/28lbs over the years, but it's very hard. Particularly with stress, MH issues etc. I really hate myself sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzle View Post
    Bloods normal.
    Had ultrasound and transvaginal scan in April, 10mm thickness on day 14 of 23 day cycle. No fluid, fibroids,polyps, homogenous womb lining, same thickness all round. Couldn't see left ovary, right ovary looked normal. Considered normal.
    I'm overweight and haven't lost weight since scan. Which means it's my fault if I have cancer. Really hate myself, holiday at the moment and feel enormous guilt when I look at my son.
    Have a underactive thyroid and have lost a couple of stone/28lbs over the years, but it's very hard. Particularly with stress, MH issues etc. I really hate myself sometimes.
    Hi Brizzle, firstly you have an underactive thyroid which is responsible for weight gain, so how can this possibly be your fault? It's a hormonal issue.

Secondly, I'm post-meno now but I had years of problems with heavy and painful periods. I had scans, hysteroscopies, laparotomies - you name it. At the time of my hysteroscopy my womb lining was thicker than the norm - which was the reason I had the biopsy - but there was nothing untoward happening in there aside a fibroid which I've had for years. All your tests so far have been normal, and that's a good sign.

Back to the weight again... you're on this forum because you have anxiety, and the stress hormones that are pumped into our bodies cause us to put on weight long-term. To lose weight with your condition, and while you are stressed, is a big ask. It's not impossible, but it's going to be hard work. However, you did it once, so you know you can do it.

Body issues is something that I've had to work hard to overcome over the last few years as for the majority of my life I have been slim and toned, and could eat what I like. Then I had an early menopause and now I only have to give a Kit-Kat a sideways glance and the chuffer has attached itself to my tummy, arse and thighs. I've gone up four dress sizes but my body plateaued at 10 stone - which might not sound massive - but I'm Borrower size, so it's all relative to my build. It got that I hated to look at myself. But I have learned to love myself as I am. Parts of me are a right-off - like my tummy which resembles a deployed airbag - but it was home to three babies (four if you count the one who didn't make it past 6 weeks) and that makes it a beautiful thing - not ugly as I used to see it.

You have a child, and I totally understand the need to be alive as long as possible. This is what gets me exercising everyday. So here's what you should do...

Enjoy your holiday, then go back home and start by looking in the mirror and giving her some love.

Massage your body with skin nourishing oils and learn to love your imperfections.

Finally, you lost the weight once - you can do it again.

Nothing you have written makes me think there is anything sinister behind your period problems - I think you are just unlucky, like I was, and like many women are.

One thing...I don't know what your age is, but my periods got worse as I headed towards peri-menopause. My sister-in-law was the same. I also know that stress can wreck havoc with your periods. Mine all but stopped during one very stressful time, and during another I was flooding. It seems to me, that getting to grips with your anxiety, and working on how you see yourself, is what's needed here.

All the best, Nora X

Thread Information