Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just tested positive - no symptoms

Just tested positive - no symptoms

Hi,

I took a covid test as all my children were sick last week. They all tested negative but I tested positive. I’m so confused as I have no symptoms?

I’m now beside myself with worry about my children suddenly getting worse, they haven’t been bad at all but I’m terrified they will get pneumonia or something!? I’m just assuming they had it too long before the test to pick up the positive??

Or me suddenly behind hit with awful symptoms.

It’s been 7 days since my children fell ill and 4 days since I took the test.

My health anxiety is off the chart. I’m sooo scared for what might come.

I know no one can tell me what will happen but I just wonder if anyone has come across positive tests with no symptoms? Or could even offer a few words of reassurance while I’m panicking and trying to avoid google.

Thank you x

Re: Just tested positive - no symptoms

DaisyFay First of all, I'm no doctor so not in a position to give you 100% reassurance. I really wish I could. OK I'm not going to try and work out why the test results came back the way they have. However, what I will say is that children very rarely have severe illness with Covid and more to the point, I'm assuming they are better now from what you are saying?

As for yourself, I'm making another assumption in that you are a fairly young mother?

Asymptomatic infection with Covid-19 is not at all unusual, especially in younger age groups. If I remember correctly, it’s estimated that around 35% of all positive cases are completely asymptomatic.

Thank you so much for the reply.

It’s just my eldest, who is still a preschooler, she has asthma and is still coughing. But it’s not consistent and she is playing. I’m trying really hard to think they are through it rather than panic about them taking a bad turn.

I’m in my mid-30s. I just feel a little off. Nothing to bat an eyelid at.

It seems that our mothers, who are both in their 60s and have been with the children, have no symptoms. They are getting tested though.

I didn’t sleep all night due to worry but now trying my hardest to de-stress as I know it will do my immune system no good!!

Wow 35% is a lot!

I am someone with an awful immune system so have been really careful. I pick up everything and usually feel awful with even a cold. So I’m just stunned I’m asymptomatic.

I was in a real panic yesterday but will try to stay focused on that 35%. I could be one of them.

I’m sorry about this, I can imagine how worried you are. I work with someone who tested positive on Saturday and also has no symptoms. All of her family (who she’d been celebrating her birthday with) and 2 colleagues she was in the office with, have tested negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As counter intuitive as it sounds, it seems that suffering with asthma poses no additional risk with covid.

I'm sure you will continue to stay well, Daisy. This time last year you would have just been dealing with your children being a bit under the weather and thought nothing of it..This year the Covid fear factor has made the best of us nervous wrecks as this virus is just so strange and unpredictable. However, it is reassuring to know that you have actually tested positive yet have been unaffected and your children have probably had it but have tested false negative..You have all had it and come out the other side.

A friend of mine was hospitalised with kidney failure and all the covid symptoms but tested negative..He is in his late seventies with underlying health issues but is still very much alive! I'm not sure that these tests mean anything.

I had a family member in her 80s who went to hospital for something routine, had no COVID symptoms at all and tested positive for it (routine test as she went to the hospital)- she remained well with no symptoms (this was months ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I had a family member in her 80s who went to hospital for something routine, had no COVID symptoms at all and tested positive for it (routine test as she went to the hospital)- she remained well with no symptoms (this was months ago).
    Glad to hear that, Carys. I reckon this virus is a law unto itself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information