Thread: Dropped some tissues on floor then used them. Scared I could have contracted covid

Dropped some tissues on floor then used them. Scared I could have contracted covid

I know it sounds ridiculous and it probably is but I'm pretty scared all the same, I dropped a box of tissues last night by accident and left them there overnight cos I didn't realise I'd knocked them off the shelf, they fell tissue side down onto a part of the floor that gets a lot of shoe traffic. I then used some. Is it possible someone walked in with covid on their shoes and now I'm at risk?

Re: Dropped some tissues on floor then used them. Scared I could have contracted covi

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoOrange View Post
    I know it sounds ridiculous and it probably is but I'm pretty scared all the same, I dropped a box of tissues last night by accident and left them there overnight cos I didn't realise I'd knocked them off the shelf, they fell tissue side down onto a part of the floor that gets a lot of shoe traffic. I then used some. Is it possible someone walked in with covid on their shoes and now I'm at risk?
    Well anything is possible but the chances of that happening come on l wouldn't think so, don't stress over it please

best wishes xx

Re: Dropped some tissues on floor then used them. Scared I could have contracted covi

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    Well anything is possible but the chances of that happening come on l wouldn't think so, don't stress over it please

best wishes xx
    I'm trying my best, but every time I do anything even remotely potentially unsafe I freak myself out. eg. Not washing my hands after touching shopping, getting Amazon deliveries etc.

Fed up of it

I'm trying my best, but every time I do anything even remotely potentially unsafe I freak myself out. eg. Not washing my hands after touching shopping, getting Amazon deliveries etc.

Fed up of it
    l understand how hard it is l really do, are you getting any help for this, you are doing what must of us do overthinking and coming up with the worst, then you will keep worrying about it and it doesn't happen, so we waste are time energy on what if's, try and focus on other things xx

It's extremely unlikely.

You might find this helpful: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-53783890

Thread Information