Hi .. I haven't posted on here for a number of years. But right now I feel the familiar anxiety pull!

Over the years I have had few bouts of tonsillitis all ok after antibiotics etc. The last time I had it was Jan this year and took couple of weeks to go.

At that time I know my right tonsil was larger than the left as of course I was looking at my throat. It is entirely possible it has been larger before then too but honestly I don't know.

I have never worried about this. But over past few months I've had the covid fear as I've had a very mild sore throat that comes and goes ( also had post nasal drip recently) so been looking more often.

Anyway of course I've googled..why??!! And now read asymmetrical tonsil can be tonsil cancer.

Today I contacted my GP on Ask my GP. He said he could send me to ENT. He then asked for photo and he looked at it, said yes looked larger but he's not concerned. He said he could refer me but likely its always been like that. So essentially seemed my choice. Anyway I said yes to referral assuming would take ages but he replied usually is two weeks.

I realise I'm reassurance seeking but I'm so worried and hoping for positive responses or any advise really. Thank you