Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant can’t get a colonoscopy! Maroon mucas blood!

Pregnant can’t get a colonoscopy! Maroon mucas blood!

The doctors have said I need a colonoscopy but I’m pregnant so they want to wait till I’ve given birth. I am driving myself insane with the constant worry about this dark maroon mucas blood on my stools. What should I do? I know dark blood is a bad sign :( I have had symptoms well before I found out I was pregnant.

Re: Pregnant can’t get a colonoscopy! Maroon mucas blood!

What did they advise you do?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

They advised I wait till baby is born before they do anything. I am honestly very scared and have never been this anxious before, I’m constantly researching about CC.

I have been experiencing all manner of issues since March which have mainly come from my stomach which has extended despite losing weight and being constantly bloated. The gastro believed it to be a certain issue but said he wanted to do two stool tests to ensure nothing sinister. One to check for occult blood and the other for inflammation. The latter came back positive so I had to have a colonoscopy, which was yesterday, to check there was nothing nasty.

I’m not medically qualified so could be way of the target as you are pregnant, which may alter the inflammation reading, but if you were to have these tests It may put your mind at ease.

Tests were; FIT & Calprotectin.

Wishing you the best

Hey @MightyPC I have had two fit test. One wa a positive and one was negative. Did you ever get bloody mucas ? I am honestly beyond worried and scared everyday.

Surely if the doctor was worried they would do something about it though?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi, I can’t say I have though have passed some blood. My FIT was <7 the normal range is <10. My colonoscopy found that I had a 3mm polyp in the upper rectum so that was probably the cause of my blood though I have a number of diverticula, so that could also be the cause. I would question your GP. Excuse my ignorance, but do you have a mid wife or someone at the pregnancy clinic that you could speak to?

Was your positive result the first one? Always makes me laugh that my previous GP surgery would test and re test if positive then as soon as they get a negative result, it’s concluded.

Hey @MightyPC the doctors or midwife can’t do much as I have now been referred to a colorectal surgeon. I honestly I’m not doing so well just keep thinking how doomed I am ! :( I mean the blood I see is sticky and very dark! I feel like I ant cope.

Anxiety, just a thought. 10 years ago when I thought that I had bowel cancer I phoned the bowel cancer helpline and spoke with the nurses. Found them to be extremely informative and correct in what they said. Maybe worth doing until you get to see the gastro.

I would also push the Dr for a FIT test. It’s straight forward to do.

What a horrible situation for you to be in. You don't mention, I don't think, how far along you are with the pregnancy ? There is not a lot I know about the tests that others are talking about, not the illnesses that are possible - but I wonder if there was any indication from the surgeon about feelings she/he had about possible causes. I can't help thinking that surely if they suspected really sinister then they would be forging ahead in some way or other ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information