I have had what I presume is BFS since 2005. My calves constantly twitch and I tent to get them all over. If I watch my calves, they are never not twitching (since 2005).
In mid July I noticed my thigh twitching. I actually thought it was amusing and took videos. It didn’t stress me since I have always had the twitches.
This went on, on and off I presume for a few weeks. I actually didn’t focus on it, until one day I decided to look up videos of similar twitches.
I found some, but also started reading about people being worried. Which made me wonder, should I be worried? And the more I read - even though it’s all pretty reassuring - the more worried and focused on the twitch I got.
This was two weeks ago. Low and behold, one day I managed to accept it and relax and the twitch went away! And it stayed away, until 2 days ago. Suddenly it started again, and I feel like my world is crumbling.

I am a fit guy. I run 4-5 times a week. Surely if I had something sinister, and my thigh was effected, it would be tough to run right? And isn’t the fact that it came and went away for 2 weeks a good sign? Sinister things tend to get worse, not go away and come back.

It’s a tough health anxiety issue to deal with - because I can feel it. Unlike a mole, or something like that - which I can try to not look at - I have no control over this.