Thread: Gurgling and indigestion

Gurgling and indigestion

I’ve been suffering from digestive issues all year, it got very bad at one point after an infection. I am a little better now since taking an antidepressant but I can’t stop fixating on my symptoms. One of the most annoying things is that my gut makes noises all the time. Gurgling, popping, whining. Sometimes extremely loud so others can clearly hear. The sounds originate from all over my abdomen from near my chest to my pelvis. Is this an anxiety symptom? How can I stop it? It’s so embarrassing. I just have this queasy, churning feeling in my abdomen all the time too. And even though the meds help with diarrhea, I still have urgency and have to go as soon as I wake up...also annoying. I’m working with a nutritionist now to try and improve my diet since I’ve been eating such a limited range of things, but these symptoms cause so much anxiety about eating and the anxiety makes it worse in a vicious cycle.

Re: Gurgling and indigestion

Can anyone help - the gurgling has returned full force after going away for a few weeks. It makes me anxious and afraid to be around other people who might hear it.

I have been constipated the past few days. This morning I had a small mushy bm but it was very incomplete. And there was mucus which makes me really worried I have some inflammation or blockage.

Quote Originally Posted by Librella View Post
    Can anyone help - the gurgling has returned full force after going away for a few weeks. It makes me anxious and afraid to be around other people who might hear it.

I have been constipated the past few days. This morning I had a small mushy bm but it was very incomplete. And there was mucus which makes me really worried I have some inflammation or blockage.

Hi Librella, sorry to hear you’re suffering at the moment. My mum who is 86 years old has been going through the same for the last couple of months, so many things she eats cause her to get diarrhoea & the constant grumbling griping stomach. After not being able to see her dr due to covid she consulted the pharmacist who suggested she try Silicol Gel, for first few weeks she was only slightly better but now she’s gone from strength to strength & has got to the point where its virtually gone, just gets the occasional diarrhoea but fortunately no stomach pains which was her worst symptom.

If you are able to get some it may be worth a try. Take care.

Thanks for the tip, redsmum. Unfortunately it doesn't look like that's available in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Librella View Post

Sounds like IBS to me!

You on a low fodmap diet?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Sounds like IBS to me!

You on a low fodmap diet?
    I have not tried low fodmap yet. My doctor warned me off it because of my history of disordered eating...but then again I could eat a lot more if I wasn’t uncomfortable all the time!

Thread Information