Thread: Dealing with work banter

Dealing with work banter

Hi just want advice to work banter, last wk this guy who is a known bully very loud and so much influence at work as he’s a union man. Very much in the owners pocket. We had a childish banter battle i was giving as much back basically standing my ground. I was on a high at that time almost enjoying it. Could tell i was getting to him. But over the wkend i have crashed due back in work tomorrow night i no he will be in the canteen as i arrive., i am ruminating over the what ifs he says this and that and i will react again or me getting angry. Showing myself up. I don’t want to be like that i would love to just smile and laugh but it’s the dread before i get to work still worrying about it since Friday morning. Would love for some advice please. Thanks.

Re: Dealing with work banter

The incident took place last week. Start afresh. Try to keep cool & ignore this person. Get on with your work and don't take the bait. If he makes a comment perhaps say "I think enough was said about this last week. Time to move on" Then walk away and do something else. I'm sure there are other people who dislike the man too.

Re: Dealing with work banter

Thanks for your reply. Ye i don’t think he’s used to people giving it back. It’s just my what ifs as i,m walking into work he will obviously see me. It’s how i will look. I can stand up for myself but i,d rather not get angry and regret. A lot of people are scared of him that’s how much influence he has.

Thread Information