Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problems Posting on mobile

Re: Problems Posting on mobile

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    That is something to do with you not allowing cookies I would think.

Alex is looking at a new mobile theme for the forum but we do have to pay for it so we will look into it.
    Not for, Nic. I accept them every time. I haven't cleared anything for ages either.

Good luck with the new mobile format. I thought the current one was ok?

Grey box of death appearing on some pages but not others tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Grey box of death appearing on some pages but not others tonight.
    Doing it again tonight.

I have had it a couple of times on mobile but I generally use the laptop.

Alex said can you do a screen shot when it happens again as he can't picture what we mean. Ta.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I’ve been having problems for a few weeks with Tapatalk & posting on my phone. The site slooooooows down so much that looking at maybe 3 threads is my limit before I’ll just get thrown out of the site. I can barely reply to anything because it takes a few seconds for each letter to appear after typing it.

Today isn’t terrible, I’ve been able to browse & was only chucked out once, but does anyone know anything that might help?

Recently when viewing this forum on my phone, I have been randomly assaulted by another site (connected with Google, I think) telling me I've been selected as a winner of a Dyson Cyclone vacuum cleaner; A, which I don't even need right now as we already have a perfectly good Henry, and B, I never even entered any 'competitions' in the first place. The thing takes over the whole page with its own website address with a will of its own. Could very well be some dodgy scam.

I don't seem to have such issues when viewing/posting on this site via my laptop, which is now far more reliable online since we switched to 5G a couple of weeks back, whereas previously it kept conking out whilst online!

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I’ve been having problems for a few weeks with Tapatalk & posting on my phone. The site slooooooows down so much that looking at maybe 3 threads is my limit before I’ll just get thrown out of the site. I can barely reply to anything because it takes a few seconds for each letter to appear after typing it.

Today isn’t terrible, I’ve been able to browse & was only chucked out once, but does anyone know anything that might help?
    Scass, I had speed/loading issues since the upgraded the forum due to the ads. I had to install an adblocker to sort it out. If you don't have an adblocker I don't know whether that might help.

You could try clearing your cookies. I've had pages on other sites that wouldn't work until I cleared them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Recently when viewing this forum on my phone, I have been randomly assaulted by another site (connected with Google, I think) telling me I've been selected as a winner of a Dyson Cyclone vacuum cleaner; A, which I don't even need right now as we already have a perfectly good Henry, and B, I never even entered any 'competitions' in the first place. The thing takes over the whole page with its own website address with a will of its own. Could very well be some dodgy scam.

I don't seem to have such issues when viewing/posting on this site via my laptop, which is now far more reliable online since we switched to 5G a couple of weeks back, whereas previously it kept conking out whilst online!
    They've been around a while. Usually it's an IPhone or a sum of money. If you are really unlucky you might get one that disables your browser so you can't shut the tab or even pick another. Even closing and reopening it just gets stuck on that tab again so you have to be really quick to close the tab as the browser is reloading.

They remind me of the send your money to x country scams.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    They've been around a while. Usually it's an IPhone or a sum of money. If you are really unlucky you might get one that disables your browser so you can't shut the tab or even pick another. Even closing and reopening it just gets stuck on that tab again so you have to be really quick to close the tab as the browser is reloading.

They remind me of the send your money to x country scams.
    I find it all mega annoying, and indeed a real hindrance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information