Thread: Vaginal bleeding after bowel movement

Vaginal bleeding after bowel movement

I'm just so tired of this! I am currently laying in bed crying my eyes out as I just know I have cancer! A little back story, for the last year i have had so many problems regarding periods, spotting when I wipe, very very long cycles and missed periods, had smear test and it came back negative, doctors has done an internal and she said everything looked perfect so she has said its to do with my weight (very overweight) so I was put on the mini pill 2 weeks ago and am following a diet, was feeling so much better and positive but this morning after having a bowel movement there was blood (not from bum 100% vaginal) and nothing since just that red blood when I wiped twice, stupidly googled it and it is a massive symptom of advanced cervical cancer! 😭 feel so sick right now i don't know what to do, I'm pretty sure when I think back that this has happened before a few months ago, cant get a doctors appointment until next week :( has anyone had this happen to them and it been OK? Thanks for reading x

Re: Vaginal bleeding after bowel movement

I really don't think it is cancer but if you google then of course it will say it is.

It is more likely just your body getting used to the mini pill.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

This has happened to me a few times; scared me witless but the GP didn't seem especially worried.

It is very common for the pill to cause random bleeding, especially when you're new to it. I had random bleeding for years while I was on it.

Thanks for all of your replies, I would have been much calmer if it hadn't been because of a bowel movement :( that doesn't seem like a good sign x

A complete coincidence

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Please don't worry - a bowel movement is actually likely to cause vaginal bleeding if your cervix / womb is friable due to taking the pill.

When you have a bowel movement there is pressure exerted on the reproductive organs, and there is often some straining, and that can cause a bit of blood to escape from the vagina.

Similar to if you had sex, the pressure and friction caused by having sex could make you bleed a little.

Thanks for your replies I was feeling much better after speaking with you and a doctor last night but the same thing has happen again this morning :( I wiped before my BM to double check and had nothing there but when wiping after had some pink/brown blood, I really really want to feel normal x

I’ve for ever had an issue that when ever I go for BM especially around ovulation time or end of period for some reason I get a lot of vaginal discharge. I had a very funny period this month and I had an extra day of loosing brown left over blood. Few days after I finished my period I went to have a bowel movement I passed brown discharge (basically it was left over blood mixed with discharge) I have read that when you go for a BM your uterus contracts as well and you might have possibly had the bleeding due to your pill. Keep a diary and contact your doctor if needs be x

Thank you haven't had it for the last 2 days just the pelvic pain and almost like a pressure feeling? Like I have a full bladder, I keep trying to tell myself if the doctor isn't worried then neither should I but cant help the thoughts creeping in :( x

Thread Information