Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I can't be the only one anxious about this election

Re: I can't be the only one anxious about this election

No, now I'm totally convinced he's going to start a war. He refuses to guarantee a peaceful transition to power, so that's what's going to happen.

Have any of your worst fears come true yet?

One of them, yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    No, now I'm totally convinced he's going to start a war. He refuses to guarantee a peaceful transition to power, so that's what's going to happen.
    Who says?

He's refusing a peaceful transition of power because he craves attention. The more attention he gets, the better his campaign does. He always tries to see what he can get away with. And if some people are scared NOT to vote for him because they think his followers will start a civil war, then it's better for his campaign. Although I don't think he cares about anyone but himself, I don't think that the people who work for him want a civil war. Luckily, he's surrounded by smarter people than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    He's refusing a peaceful transition of power because he craves attention. The more attention he gets, the better his campaign does. He always tries to see what he can get away with. And if some people are scared NOT to vote for him because they think his followers will start a civil war, then it's better for his campaign. Although I don't think he cares about anyone but himself, I don't think that the people who work for him want a civil war. Luckily, he's surrounded by smarter people than he is.
    Well said and straight to the point, it's all about the attention and appealing to his voter base where he gets it (more attention). It's always amazed me how a particular sector of Americans believe that their president is one step away from God, even when that president is a raving lunatic!

We've got elections coming up mid Oct and it's a foregone conclusion already, our PM had done a great job in the face of covid and even with the subsequent mop-ups.

We'll be watching the USA elections with some interest as it's such as influential nation. However, if DT does get returned to office, (with the gerrymandering of votes that goes on), at least he'll be America's idiot not ours! That goes for the UK as well with BJ the buffoon! Commiserations to those who are either Democratic (or Labour voters in UK). Both nations deserve competent leaders, in times like these.

At present there's a heap of narcissistic world leaders at the fore, Russia, USA, UK, Nth Korea, Indonesia, and one in South America (forget his name), to mention a few!
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 25-09-20 at 01:03.

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Well said and straight to the point, it's all about the attention and appealing to his voter base where he gets it (more attention). It's always amazed me how a particular sector of Americans believe that their president is one step away from God, even when that president is a raving lunatic!

We've got elections coming up mid Oct and it's a foregone conclusion already, our PM had done a great job in the face of covid and even with the subsequent mop-ups.

We'll be watching the USA elections with some interest as it's such as influential nation. However, if DT does get returned to office, (with the gerrymandering of votes that goes on), at least he'll be America's idiot not ours! That goes for the UK as well with BJ the buffoon! Commiserations to those who are either Democratic (or Labour voters in UK). Both nations deserve competent leaders, in times like these.

At present there's a heap of narcissistic world leaders at the fore, Russia, USA, UK, Nth Korea, Indonesia, and one in South America (forget his name), to mention a few!
    Labour voters have deserted Labour because they have turned their back on their concerns. They were warned by their own MPs who got dumped at the last election because the leaders refuse to accept the reality.

My seat has been Labour since it's creation but has turned Tory the last 2 elections. Around here your grandad voted Labour, your dad voted Labour and it's been joked a donkey in a red rosette would win. So how can Labour lose in such seats? It's not Boris, it's Labour moving away from them.

I hope Labour will reform to change this but it's not looking good. Their members don't match to their voters anymore.

In NZ the 2 major parties (Labour and National) are traditionally centralist so National is centre-right and Labour is centre-left. However, this year (likely due to the covid intervention), Jacinda Ardern PM (Labour) has gained tremendous popularity, which has thrown the opposition party National into disarray, they've had a change of leader 3 times in as many months.
    Their latest leader (Judith Collins) has moved away from centre-right and is drifting to the far right a position that lots of tradition National supporters don't like. Meanwhile the Labour govt has moved in to fill the central area left by National and is taking some of their votes. All very political indeed !! I'm picking that many of the marginal seats held by National will fall to Labour and their majority will increase. They will likely be able to govern alone after this election, so will be able to get lots of projects completed over the next 3 years.

We also have something called Jacindamania, where she is extremely popular among certain groups, ie, women and young people, intellectuals, artists etc

In NZ We have MMP so the minor parties often hold seats in parliament.

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information