Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't be the only one anxious about this election

Re: I can't be the only one anxious about this election

Look... I get it. I stress over this although not for the same reasons. I have faith in humanity despite all the examples to the contrary. I may be wrong but that little strand of hope is all I have. I certainly don't think it would be the end of the world but thinking about 4 more years of living in a real life reality TV show isn't exactly comforting. The state of humanity is precarious enough without all the drama. I'll take some status quo, more or less boring political environment over this nonsense any day!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Frank, I have GAD too, and some things in the world are very scary right now. But we can't let our worries get the best of us. We can only worry so much about things we can't control. Are you doing anything to help with your GAD? Therapy? Meds? Self-help books?

I think the problem for those with GAD or OCD is that we are taught not to overthink or catastrophise but with Covid all the rules go out the window and we are told to stay at home to stay "safe". All the others fears then just rear their ugly heads and other issues take on momentous proportions so it's easy to whip up vulnerable people's frenzy in the media by commenting on anything controversial and planting those seeds of doubt.

Have you got anyone in your family you can talk to about this or do you have a decent MH support worker who is remotely helpful?

I'm trying to get help, but right now I'm in a waiting list.

If you are really struggling to cope do pester MH services every day, Frank. They will always come up with the waiting list fob off but you have additional issues so shouldn't have to be included with others who could and should wait longer for support.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    I wouldn't put it past Dolard Trimp to take down the whole world with him if he's taken down. I think he destroys the world if he loses in November and he is threatened with being arrested. I really think the guy's crazy enough to try it. And even if he DOESN'T lose, he'll probably take us to war with China anyway! The most dangerous man is the one with nothing left to lose, and he stands to lose a lot. Just... tell me I'm crazy, give me a reason not to build a fallout shelter now!
    Yeah right...Trump's the dangerous one. Not the Chinese Communists but President Trump. Hellooooo...McFly...

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Yeah right...Trump's the dangerous one. Not the Chinese Communists but President Trump. Hellooooo...McFly...
    Who next?

The Russians?

The Germans all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Who next?

The Russians?

The Germans all over again?
    ME

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Yeah, it was the same with NK. I find it bizarre really that a rogue state ends up being less of a worry than a democratic one. Now we have China, hardly democratic, but people aren't worried about their attempts to invade our security networks but that the president might throw a strop and provoke a war.

All year around countries are provoking each other but they don't start a war like two drunks in a pub. Wars are good (in a big country's opinion) when you pick a small country. There is a very good reason why big countries have skirmishes, their spooks spend all year playing their chess, and yet no big war happens. Those wars destroy economies.

Trump starts a war and all his wealth is going to take a hit.

I am 100% anti Trump as much as it can get, I am sure he will try to do whatever he can to save his bacon, be it sell state secrets or whatever, but one thing he really is not is a war-hawk. I don't think anyone outside of us Americans should have any concern whatsoever of what he does if he loses.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information