Thread: Why can’t I trust test results ?

Why can’t I trust test results ?

My daughter has been having some symptoms that have me worried about leukemia and the dr agreed to do a complete blood work up. CBC with diff, thyroid, inflammatory panels, the whole works. Her message said “blood tests are very reassuring. All labs are normal. She’s not anemic, thyroid is normal, inflammatory markers are normal. Please let us know if you have any questions.”

Why can’t I just accept that? No I have to scrutinize every result. Looking for something that is slightly close to out of range. Maybe it’s too soon for leukemia to show in blood work my mind tries to tell me. It’s so exhausting living like this.

My CBT sessions got postponed for some time due to covid and I’m just getting back on track. But this along with virtual schooling my children is so mental draining. :(

Re: Why can’t I trust test results ?

Reading your post is actually encouraging because you recognize your thoughts as irrational. Its more of 'vent' of frustration than an out and out 'panic'. No doubt its mentally draining when the negativity and doubt creeps in but deep down, based on your post, I think you know better. Perhaps there are some CBT exercises or worksheets you can work on to reinforce a more positive and rational mindset?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information