Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waking up so damn early..anxiety?

Waking up so damn early..anxiety?

I'm honestly not sure where to post this but I figured maybe someone here would have some advice/suggestions that may help.

Since my giant spiral of anxiety began I've been waking up at almost spot on 7am every morning regardless of how tired I am the night before or what time I go to bed, and it's been distressing me alot. I am honestly not sure whether it's the medication (Citalopram 10mg) or if it's my anxiety just tricking me into waking up.

I dunno if this is even a common thing but any thoughts?

Re: Waking up so damn early..anxiety?

That would be late for me! I don't think it's something which should worry you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleman200 View Post
    I'm honestly not sure where to post this but I figured maybe someone here would have some advice/suggestions that may help.

Since my giant spiral of anxiety began I've been waking up at almost spot on 7am every morning regardless of how tired I am the night before or what time I go to bed, and it's been distressing me alot. I am honestly not sure whether it's the medication (Citalopram 10mg) or if it's my anxiety just tricking me into waking up.

I dunno if this is even a common thing but any thoughts?
    That would be late for me too! I can wake up anytime from 4.30 onwards, not sure if its anxiety, medication or me just being me. Hopefully things will settle down for you Aleman when you feel less anxious.

I'm awake at 4 am and ready for bed again by 8 am.
    Sleeping until 7 would be a blessing for me.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

This happens to me too - it's normally a sign of depression rather than anxiety, but the two frequently go hand in hand.

7am is a lie-in for me!

For years I used to wake up at 6.30 no matter what, because I was conditioned to that by 28 years of commuting to London. When I got a different job, it'd be about 3.30 - 4.30 for a drive into the M25 boundary. Even though I haven't worked for six months, I still wake up for a pee at 3-ish, and still stir at about 7 regardless and quite often I'll go back to sleep until about 9.30, sometimes a lot later - like midday.

I simply do not know what it is like to go to bed at say, 11 and sleep right through until about 8.

I wouldn't say that 7am was early morning waking but if you are not used to waking up at this time then it will be annoying for you, Aleman. I've always woken up very early and get a lot done before 7am but that's because I'm a carer and need to get a head start on the rest of my family.

I'm sure it will be the citalopram mucking up your body clock and you'll soon be back to your normal sleep patterns once you're back at uni!

My sleeping pattern is all over the place. I sleep at 7am and wake up between 12pm-3pm.

But before I was on my meds and my depression and anxiety were bad I would wake up every morning at 6am. It can be a sign of worsening mental health problems but if your mental health is fine I wouldn't worry about it.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Gawd.. I haven't sleep well since the 90's. Seems to fall inline with the level of anxiety at bedtime - that determines how frequently I wake up throughout the night. I have a hard time winding down most of the time. Hard to shut off the mind, I guess. Also, the worry about getting and staying asleep works against us too, you know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information