Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me Ian

Help me Ian

Ian am back coz need your expert help my man

I manadgid to come off klonopin and then effexor, that was 2 week ago, doin greT but crashed yesterday so gotta reinstate

Whats the dosage to start I got a shutload of the crap

75mg for one week then up anothet 37.5mg?

I guess I got 3 weeks of hell in frint of me again lessen you say otherwise

Shod I go back on K? Am holding off but anxiety real bad

Thanks my man

Charlie

Re: Help me Ian

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    I manadgid to come off klonopin and then effexor,
    How did you taper off the Effexor (venlafaxine)?

that was 2 week ago, doin greT but crashed yesterday so gotta reinstate

Whats the dosage to start I got a shutload of the crap

75mg for one week then up anothet 37.5mg?
    How much were you taking when you stopped, Charlie?

I guess I got 3 weeks of hell in frint of me again lessen you say otherwise
    maybe

Shod I go back on K? Am holding off but anxiety real bad
    If you need to. White-knuckling is never a good idea. However, only if you need to. Try not to get in the routine of taking klonopin 'just in case' as benzodiazepines counter the positive effects of ADs.

I tapered off both real slow

Was stable on 112.5 effexor

Tapered off effexor over 4 - 5 month reducing by 18.75mg per month XR opened capsule counted beads in 37.5mg that way

Reduced K at same time but started KK taperr much earlier

So whats my best strAtegy

I took 75mg ,Effexor this morning already got the anxiety and sweAts or is that me scarin maself?

Really appreciTe your help

Is 37.5 a less punishing way to restart?

These side effect cts are terrible

Need support

Some one tell me tgey dont get worse

Tapered off effexor over 4 - 5 month reducing by 18.75mg per month XR opened capsule counted beads in 37.5mg that way
    Not the best way of doing it. Switching to fluoxetine (Prozac) and then tapering off it would have been much easier.

Reduced K at same time but started KK taperr much earlier
    Which increases the degree of difficulty and quitting venlafaxine is already often hard. It is never a good idea to quit more than 1 med at a time.

I took 75mg ,Effexor this morning already got the anxiety and sweAts or is that me scarin maself?
    Possibly a combination of both. An anxious mind is very capable of producing our worst nightmares. But increased anxiety and sweating are common initial side-effects of most ADs.

Is 37.5 a less punishing way to restart?
    Yes. But have you considered taking another SSRI instead if you're planning on staying on venlafaxine permanently? They are generally much easier to quit.

These side effect cts are terrible
    Then take a <diazepam> Edit: meant clonazepam (Klonopin).
    Last edited by panic_down_under; 06-09-20 at 01:56.

Thanks Ian

Efexxor my inly choice. Dont got no doctor, dont got no dosh. Just enough Efexor to restart

Feel far less twrrible today on 37.5mg

Can I hang on that a couple of weeks before raise to 50mg?

I thi k I gotta be on this shit forever now. Always crash when stop. Hopefully I can switch to that Milnacipran gear yous mentioned once

Thanks avain. I feel like I can survive now

Can I hang on that a couple of weeks before raise to 50mg?
    Venlafaxine has a short half-life, about 5 hours (which is why it is often so hard to quit), so you could raise the dose in 2-3 days for immediate release, or 4-5 days for XR extended release without significantly increasing the severity of any subsequent side-effects spike, but I suggest adding a couple of days as a confidence building measure.

I thi k I gotta be on this shit forever now. Always crash when stop. Hopefully I can switch to that Milnacipran gear yous mentioned once
    Sounds like a good idea. For some of us these are chronic conditions which wax and wane, but don't completely go away. As ADs can become less effective each time they are stopped and restarted probably the best option then is to take them permanently. I've been taking ADs pretty much continually for over 30 years and my brain hasn't turned to mush ye...Oh! They can have other health benefits too, reducing the risk of heart attack and ischaemic stroke - although slightly increasing that of the less common haemorrhagic stroke - and also of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.

My guess is that Charlie would have kept taking them, but he has no health insurance. Unfortunately, we have no universal health system over here. Some states have programs for people whose employers don't provide health coverage, like California, but most states don't. Here many big corporations limit a lot of employees to 38 hours a week, under the 40 hour requirement, so they don't have to give them benefits like health.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information