Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me Ian

Re: Help me Ian

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Some states have programs for people whose employers don't provide health coverage, like California, but most states don't.
    What about Medicaid, or is that what you're referring to?

I know there are also programs that provide meds at no or low cost, but presumably they still need to prescription from one's doctor?

Yeah, I'm referring to Medicaid, but I don't know what the qualifications are for his state. I know he's originally from Oklahoma, but I don't know what state he's in now. Some states, like Oklahoma, may only offer it to children, or families with children or care-takers.

Charlie, what state are you in? Are you on any medical/health care programs?

Hi Vee

Nice to heR from yous. Everyrhing yous said is corretto. Still i n Oklahoma

Ian

Ur memory sucks. Why would anyone ask u for help if they got a doc. Ur nothing more than arrogant ole croaker

Read over advice u guven me. Was any of ut helpful? Zilch. Ur medical knowledge impresses but wirhout compassion or empathy it mean jack shit. U made a diztressed persin feel much worse

I went down local himeless center to ask volunteer there who is expwdt in psych meds. Showed her ur advice and wont repeT her comments here. I wanted ti ask her not you anywY but I got mibiluty problems getting aroynd cozza injuries from demos

Sorry to be so harsh but folk in distress needs to know to not turn ti you. You do more harm than good.

If yous want to show off ur medicine knowledge do it neutral but not to folk in distress.

Charlie

Charlie, why are you mad at Ian? You specifically asked for his help and he gave it to you. It’s not like he gets paid for this or put his two cents in without being asked. He has never claimed to be a doctor.

Ian is a retired doc. If not, he shouldnt be makung them comme.nts

This forum is about compasssion empathy n support. Ian dont got none. Not just me I seen him push at least two other distressed folk to the brink. Sensitivity is more inporyant than just blurt ing out information.

Ian was my lazt resort coz I dont got no doc but gave usno comfort
    If he cant give comfort he should just stay quiet. Distressed folk dont need to know all tbe facts. They need comfort with positive input even if it ignores blunt truth.

WbT Ian say is intetesting and I guess correct but sometimes he shoukd not say it for concern for tbe disyressed folk.

Shame on you Vee for support him
    Read his comments and tell me if they wS helpful or comforting

This forum really sucks at times. Im outta here
    Last edited by lebonvin; 08-09-20 at 08:54.

Charlie, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, but please don't take it out on people who are trying to help? Fairly sure Ian isn't a doctor (correct me if I'm wrong, Ian?), he was just trying to offer the help you specifically asked for from him.

I hope you feel better soon.

I don't see anything wrong with Ian's advice. It sounded really good to me and positive.

Maybe you are just having a bad day Charlie but why take it out on him? I think you owe him an apology to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    Distressed folk dont need to know all tbe facts. They need comfort with positive input even if it ignores blunt truth.
    I completely disagree, Charlie. A very wise man by the name of Gary Cooper, no not the actor, once told me that the biggest mistake you can make is to treat the anxious and/or depressed as invalids in need of protection from life because they'll end up becoming one.

Patting people's hands and telling them everything will be fine when you know damn well it may not be not only misleads them, but devalues them. Ime, people with anxiety disorders are far tougher than you seem to give them credit for. When the brown stuff is hitting the fan I'd far rather have someone with an anxiety disorder protecting my back than someone who's never been tested. Most of the anxious cope just fine in real adversity as long as they know what they are up against. It is the ordinary day to day that brings us undone.

Ime, more than half of those who come to support groups such as this one do so because their doctors have treated them as mushrooms, kept them in the dark and fed them BS. Have told them nothing, or outright lied about side-effects, how long it takes for ADs to really kick-in, or the likelihood of the first AD tried working, instead of preparing them properly for what may lay ahead. And for every one that comes here and learns the real score and is encouraged to stick with it there are hundreds, maybe thousands who simply give up, toss their meds in the bin and continue to suffer needlessly. Well, sorry to disappoint you, Charlie, but I'm not going to compound that folly. If you want to then on you head be it.

And on the specifics on what I think triggered this, how would you have reacted if I didn't point out the possibility of venlafaxine not working for you again and why until after it failed and you'd wasted months waiting for it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Fairly sure Ian isn't a doctor (correct me if I'm wrong, Ian?)
    You are correct, BlueIris. The best I can claim is a first aid certificate a long time ago. So long that leeches and something about humours were then at the leading edge of medical science.

Alright, just didn't want to downplay your skills. You doing okay?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information