Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Noticed something odd about the numbers

Noticed something odd about the numbers

I've noticed something odd with the numbers relating to COVID. This is not related to any conspiracy lmfao!

Since the start of August the daily diagnosed cases were around 1000+ ish. Slowly rising. But the death rate has remained absurdly low for that amount of cases diagnosed. You can compare this with June which had around 1000+ish diagnosed cases. The death rates were over 100.

Any idea why the death rates are not rising even though the cases are?

Facts and figures here: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Noticed something odd about the numbers

This is happening in our area as well because highest group of people contracting the virus now are younger, and they survive. But they still go through 3-4 weeks of misery though.

A younger demographic as Vee says. Also more testing going on so more cases found. Mask wearing now very common whereas earlier in the year it was patchy at best. There are theories that masks reduce the viral load, so the wearer receives a smaller amount of the virus that the immune system can deal with more effectively.

This winter is going to be interesting though.

Well, in my opinion, our government made a rip roaring arse of it during the early days in the peak of this pandemic. The deaths in care homes made up a ridiculous percentage of the daily deaths, and it’s simply not acceptable.

I have been saying since early March that testing and tracing was the way to go, but for god knows what reason we decided to only test those with symptoms that rendered people hospitalised. We removed older folk from wards in hospitals and placed them into care settings WITHOUT testing those same people for Covid-19 before they got there.

It honestly is the most stupid political decision I’ve ever witnessed in my life. Multiple doctors, scientists and politicians should be hanging their heads in shame right about now. Their failure to recognise that error before it happened is something that should never be forgotten. It’s also, again only my opinion, a decision that cost in the region of 20,000 lives.

As for what’s happening now, yes, death rates are low and infection rates are relatively high. That’s because we’re dealing with a virus that overcomes those with an already slight immune system. Those who are being infected now are those who were definitely being infected in March/April, but because our government decided to only test those ill enough to be in hospital, those infections at that time were simply not picked up.

There isn’t a big mystery here at all. This virus is highly transmissible and for the most part, risky to those with existing ailments. In the 8 months or so since we learned of its existence, we’ve learned how to control it better. Do not be at all surprised if cases rise to around 2500-3000 a day.

Our government have been aiming for herd immunity from the get go. They got caught with their pants down in March and made a mess of it. Now, they realise that 99.9% of our population can contract and survive this virus, they’re quite happy to send kids to school and people back to work. Some of us will get quite ill, less of us will get ill enough to end up in hospital. A minute percentage of us will die.

Covid-19 is nothing more than another life risk that we have to live with. We reacted early because we didn’t understand it. Science has had time to catch up with it now, and I’m genuinely beginning to think that we need to start getting a more sensible perspective on this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I've noticed something odd with the numbers relating to COVID. This is not related to any conspiracy lmfao!

Since the start of August the daily diagnosed cases were around 1000+ ish. Slowly rising. But the death rate has remained absurdly low for that amount of cases diagnosed. You can compare this with June which had around 1000+ish diagnosed cases. The death rates were over 100.

Any idea why the death rates are not rising even though the cases are?

Facts and figures here: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/
    I started a similar thread on here about a month ago, titled 'The Corona Conundrum', as I was baffled by the increase in daily cases seemingly not corresponding with increased death rates and hospitalisations, and said trends have more or less continued during the time that has since elapsed, plus the overall death toll being dramatically revised down from 12th August, due to the counting method in England being brought into line with that of the rest of the UK, which has obviously decelerated the deaths figures all the more, at least superficially.

Though of course only time will tell as to how things pan out over the coming weeks and months.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Well, in my opinion, our government made a rip roaring arse of it during the early days in the peak of this pandemic. The deaths in care homes made up a ridiculous percentage of the daily deaths, and it’s simply not acceptable.

I have been saying since early March that testing and tracing was the way to go, but for god knows what reason we decided to only test those with symptoms that rendered people hospitalised. We removed older folk from wards in hospitals and placed them into care settings WITHOUT testing those same people for Covid-19 before they got there.

It honestly is the most stupid political decision I’ve ever witnessed in my life. Multiple doctors, scientists and politicians should be hanging their heads in shame right about now. Their failure to recognise that error before it happened is something that should never be forgotten. It’s also, again only my opinion, a decision that cost in the region of 20,000 lives.
    It was never an error. Given that certain advisers close to the PM believe in eugenics and have employed eugenicists before righteous public outrage saw them removed I'm afraid it doesn't surprise me one iota. This Government has always looked for the cheapest solution and that was "herd immunity". So what if it kills your nan? She was going to die anyway. The spectacle of the so-called "Nightingale Hospitals" was just a PR stunt because they didn't have appropriate staff to man them.

Conspiracy theorist? No, just a realist who knows a neo-Fascist Government when he sees one, and I don't say that lightly. They're a bunch of clueless chancers who were elected solely to "get Brexit done" to appease Northern xenophobes and enable their mates to make a killing on 'shorting' Sterling when it all goes tits-up on 1/1/21.

It seems like today's cases have pretty much doubled overnight (2,988), though the hospitalisation rate still remains low (and stable at least), and just 2 confirmed deaths today.

Deaths = weekend but I'm wondering if there has been an inclusion of historical cases as well.

It does nothing to dispel my suspicion of the clown car we call a government.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    LMAO! I know that feeling well!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Deaths = weekend but I'm wondering if there has been an inclusion of historical cases as well.

Your former paragraph;

Could well be historical cases as well, but possibly more tests.

Your latter paragraph;

As much as I agree with you about our govt being a joke, the UK is not alone as as you know, France and Spain are also in the same boat with escalating cases.

But at least (as yet) it doesn't appear to be manifesting in significantly increased hospitalisations (or deaths), though time will tell, of course.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information