Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folks, I need a second opinion on my math. The pharmacy is pulling my leg I think.

Folks, I need a second opinion on my math. The pharmacy is pulling my leg I think.

My pharmacy gives me 2 bottles of liquid promzine. Each bottle is 150ml. I have 2 bottles so that's 300ml. It's starting to look like one of those questions from a school maths book isn't it

Every day I am meant to take one 5ml spoonful at 8am, 12 noon, 4pm and TWO at bedtime. That's exactly what the sticker says.

So that means I should be taking 25ml a day.

This means it will last me 300/25 days. Which is 12 days.

But when I call the pharmacy to tell them I've ran out they keep telling me "You need to speak to your doctor you must be using too much". I've only just worked out the math because I've ran out and I'm not due more until 2 weeks. Something is off here.

I could be off here, which is why I want a second opinion on my math.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Folks, I need a second opinion on my math. The pharmacy is pulling my leg I think

Ring and ask to speak to your GP about it... I guess it is the only way you will know for certain

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Folks, I need a second opinion on my math. The pharmacy is pulling my leg I think

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Ring and ask to speak to your GP about it... I guess it is the only way you will know for certain
    This happens every month. I always have to go via my GP who simply responds with "sending it over now" (to the pharmacy). I ask why the pharmacy won't do it and he said they've got the repeat script so he has no idea.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Is your GP just prescribing 12 days worth of meds because you are in charge of taking your own meds now? I suppose the usual script is for a month's worth at a time and the pharmacy are querying your request for more even though you are taking the prescribed dose?

My pharmacy always say you have to go back to the GP for any meds instructions/amendments. And I always have a problem with getting the correct dosage for my son of a particular med..It's so frustrating and time consuming.

Hope you get things sorted, Wired.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I could be off here, which is why I want a second opinion on my math.
    Nothing wrong with your maths, that's what I make it too.

idk about your maths tbh, i got lost after the first part

(can i blame maths dyslexia)
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Quote Originally Posted by whispershadow View Post
    (can i blame maths dyslexia)
    That's called dyscalculia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    That's called dyscalculia.
    Not when I went to school...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Not when I went to school...
    I can think of a lot of things from my schooldays in the 70s that it'd have been called... and none of it would have been complementary, or helpful.

Hang on, I think the train reached Crewe 2 minutes before the coach got too...

Nothing wrong with your maths. But the pharmacy only dispense what the GP has scripted so he/she needs to lengthen that to a bigger supply. Either that or the pharmacy shouldn't be questioning anything if the repeat is issued for every 12 days.

It's not a big dose. Its 5mg per 1ml so 150mg per day assuming you are not on the double strength 10mg per 1ml. The latter would be above the BNF guidelines in one dose at your dosage intervals but far below the max per day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information