Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Son's first day back and comes back ill.

Son's first day back and comes back ill.

My son started school today. Year 8. He left fit and well. He comes back with flu symptoms. I asked him who had the flu at school he said "my teacher has the flu but she said it's not coronavirus because she hasn't got a temperature".

He's now in bed at 1.30am unable to sleep with a temperature feeling very uncomfortable and coughing. I can hear by his voice he is ill. I hope it is just the flu but during a time like this teachers shouldn't be going to school with the god damn flu! I've got a good mind to call the headteacher but my son said the teacher is his favorite and he doesn't want her to get in trouble.

It happens I guess. School down the road from me got closed today though in Wolverhampton.

He's off school until his shifts. Never known a flu to work so fast. I always seem to be the one with these crazy things happening half the time I think people assume I'm making it up.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Son's first day back and comes back ill.

Schools are germ factories. My mum worked part time many years bringing up the family and her career before had been nursery age kids so she took jobs in primary on the yards. She brought home many a cold and said teachers were often off with them.

Reminds me of a line in Last of the Summer Wine when ex head teacher Seymour was talking about an epidemic at his boys school and remarked "there's nothing as septic as a schoolboy"

Hopefully it's just a cold and gone soon, James. Since its the first day back you could call the national newspapers who would be falling over themselves for a possible new wave of plague type story and make yourself some money!

They are germ factories. Old veteran teachers like myself laugh at the new ones who start and catch everything because they haven’t built up immunity yet (pre-Covid, obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

Reminds me of a line in Last of the Summer Wine when ex head teacher Seymour was talking about an epidemic at his boys school and remarked "there's nothing as septic as a schoolboy"
    Someone mention Last of the Summer Wine?

I can add to your comment, Terry...

There is also nothing as septic as a schoolboy's bedroom...

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    My son started school today. Year 8. He left fit and well. He comes back with flu symptoms. I asked him who had the flu at school he said "my teacher has the flu but she said it's not coronavirus because she hasn't got a temperature".

He's now in bed at 1.30am unable to sleep with a temperature feeling very uncomfortable and coughing. I can hear by his voice he is ill. I hope it is just the flu but during a time like this teachers shouldn't be going to school with the god damn flu! I've got a good mind to call the headteacher but my son said the teacher is his favorite and he doesn't want her to get in trouble.

It happens I guess. School down the road from me got closed today though in Wolverhampton.

He's off school until his shifts. Never known a flu to work so fast. I always seem to be the one with these crazy things happening half the time I think people assume I'm making it up.
    Whilst I have every sympathy in the world for your son, yourself and the rest of your family, it's doubtful as to whether he would simply develop Corona overnight, as the absolute minimum period of infection to develop is currently specified as 2 days.

And IMO it was blatantly irresponsible of the teacher concerned to turn up there in such a state. People in such a profession should ultimately know better.

BTW, I have a bit of a cold myself ATM, and it could be something that is quite typical of this time of year that we didn't bat an eyelid over before, but inevitably from now on people will be attempting to shoehorn CV into the slightest ailments they may have.

Thankfully it does appear to be a flu. I kept him off today as he wasn't feeling well. @Antsy my brother was a school teacher and said practically the same thing. He hadn't built up his immune system as he left for another career within a year. @Terry that is my favorite show, even today. I seem to have a decent immune system. I don't catch the stuff the lad brings home.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

My daughter has a cold too. Isn’t it funny how no-one has caught a cold in months yet back to school and they’ve all got one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    My daughter has a cold too. Isn’t it funny how no-one has caught a cold in months yet back to school and they’ve all got one!

And no doubt being confused with or suspected of possible CV in some instances.

Meanwhile, today's cases have dropped to 2,460 (488 fewer than yesterday and 528 fewer than Sunday).

Today's deaths (32) is a bit of a concern though, but it is Tuesday, and the last time they were at a similar level (late July) we had fewer daily cases, so I guess a sense of perspective is needed.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 08-09-20 at 20:39.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    My son started school today. Year 8. He left fit and well. He comes back with flu symptoms.
    Flu has a 2 day incubation period so it is very unlikely that he caught it off his teacher, covid is 5 days, give or take as well.

Also if school staff didn't go in when they had a cold or flu then there wouldn't be enough staff to go round

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post

Always happens.... because there are new people in the school then there are new germs, so everyone gets ill in the first couple of weeks ...... such fun lol

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information