Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Son's first day back and comes back ill.

Re: Son's first day back and comes back ill.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I keep going to reply to posts, but Nora beats me to it with the same advice I feel like I'm accidentally stalking her sometimes.
    If you are Compo will get jealous!

Terry I told you this isn't normal mate. The gathering you talk about are now banned as of 14th of September: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54081131
    I think the gathering I saw was in excess of the allowed 30 anyway. It's a big cricket pitch kept locked by the council. There were rows of cars on there from the angle I saw between houses on the bank I was on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Perfectly okay if you're going to go grouse shooting (or shootin' if you're the Home Secretary) under the new rules, Terry. But two families of four stoppin' to have a chat on their way to say, a park, is illegal according to Priti Patel.

Who voted for these muppets? Oh yeah...
    Because they are operating a social distancing policy. You can't do that with rugby unless you want a very boring and predictable game

In other news, pubs remain open. You can't distance in pubs, certainly not the city centre ones that are busy. And drunk people tend not to consider risks the same otherwise we wouldn't have things like drink driving laws.

But I'm anti hunting anyway so I would prefer a 24/7 365 permanent forever closure policy. May sticking fox hunting back on her 2017 manifesto made me despair.

The families issue is confusing because when they announced this there was provision for larger families (i remember thinking what use is it when the bubbles are causing issues around her according to our council). Anyone with 5 kids would be buggered Since it doesn't affect me (none of the changes do) I didn't read further but there is a petition taking off to not count children as Scotland do this.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 16-09-20 at 06:00.

Killing animals for fun is so messed up. I've never understood it. Why the heck would you take a soul with emotions and feelings and blast them out of the sky for fun. What's wrong with clay pidgins, or targets? I don't mind the shooting part, it's is fun, but in the UK you do that on a range where you're not killing anything.

I was in Sailsbury once with my father in law and all these horses and dogs were passing the house going up the country lane. So many they were uncountable. Apparently they were going fox hunting. The poor foxes wouldn't stand a chance.

And here's me saving tiny spiders from the bath and putting them into the attic for safety. I just helped a dragon fly who got caught on the light. Daft sod went straight back up there as soon as I helped him off. We don't kill any insect or bug in this house. It's taken me a while to stop the wife from killing the bees and wasps, but she's accepted they have their place in the world so she leaves them alone. I've always left them alone to do their thing and never once been stung.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 16-09-20 at 19:59.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Same here, James. Although I can think of a few people I would like to put on the launcher and shout "pull".

I try to get most things out of the house. spiders are good for keeping the rest in check other than my current kitchen one that actually ran away from the moth that barelled into his web after I was chasing him around the kitchen. To be fair, it was a big moth and he's only a tiny spider

I still 'dispose' of wasps though Don't tell Carys!!!

Killing animals for fun is so messed up. I've never understood it. Why the heck would you take a soul with emotions and feelings and blast them out of the sky for fun. What's wrong with clay pidgins, or targets? I don't mind the shooting part, it's is fun, but in the UK you do that on a range where you're not killing anything.

I was in Sailsbury once with my father in law and all these horses and dogs were passing the house going up the country lane. So many they were uncountable. Apparently they were going fox hunting. The poor foxes wouldn't stand a chance.

And here's me saving tiny spiders from the bath and putting them into the attic for safety. I just helped a dragon fly who got caught on the light. Daft sod went straight back up there as soon as I helped him off. We don't kill any insect or bug in this house. It's taken me a while to stop the wife from killing the bees and wasps, but she's accepted they have their place in the world so she leaves them alone. I've always left them alone to do their thing and never once been stung.
    You're a star James and have a good heart. I'm always removing spiders, moths and other invertebrates from my daughter's bedroom on account of her being petrified of them. I have an insect/spider 'kit' made up of a plastic jug and a sturdy leaflet. They are captured humanely and relocated to the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    You're a star James and have a good heart. I'm always removing spiders, moths and other invertebrates from my daughter's bedroom on account of her being petrified of them. I have an insect/spider 'kit' made up of a plastic jug and a sturdy leaflet. They are captured humanely and relocated to the garden.
    Well that's one term for any males you don't like the look of

I love the old daddy long legs. The insect worlds most friendly creature.

LOL Terry!! That's a father's perspective you've got there. Talk of the devil though, I was busy reading a good novel last night when the bedroom door was cloven asunder by said daughter. She was sobbing and I honestly thought she'd heard some really bad news. But it was a spider on her curtains, a big one at that, house spider. So out came the jug and relocated to the garden.

She's inherited the arachnophobia from my Mum. Yep daddy longlegs aka the cranefly, a favourite of spiders, birds and bats everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    LOL Terry!! That's a father's perspective you've got there. Talk of the devil though, I was busy reading a good novel last night when the bedroom door was cloven asunder by said daughter. She was sobbing and I honestly thought she'd heard some really bad news. But it was a spider on her curtains, a big one at that, house spider. So out came the jug and relocated to the garden.

She's inherited the arachnophobia from my Mum. Yep daddy longlegs aka the cranefly, a favourite of spiders, birds and bats everywhere.
    I cured my sons phobia by buying a tarantula. I had a few nasty spiders, some that would launch for you disturbed them and if you got tagged you'd be in for some pain. Ever seen a spider move so fast it looks like it's teleporting? It's funny, but they're frighting quick. If you want to see the spider I had put this into youtube "OBT Rehousing". Youtube will deliver you the goods.

Once he saw how fascinating they were, and how nasty some species can be, his fear for regular spiders went away. They're just tiny babies in comparison.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information