Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Son's first day back and comes back ill.

Re: Son's first day back and comes back ill.

He's now got a fever (38.4) and has a nasty cough. Where can I get him a COVID test?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

It's going back to how it was before folks. These 2 bars for past 2 days are the same as May's stats. We're not far of what it was in March/April in terms of daily cases. Something isn't right. I know people mean well and want to look on the bright side with the COVID situation, but I think that's the reason why we're now having a problem. People are ignoring it and discounting it and going about their business. All this is happening as kids go back to school, people go back to work, and the country thinks it's time to get back to normal. Honestly, this is frighting and not in a panic/anxiety way. https://i.imgur.com/PEZPmKa.png

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    It's going back to how it was before folks. These 2 bars for past 2 days are the same as May's stats. We're not far of what it was in March/April in terms of daily cases. Something isn't right. I know people mean well and want to look on the bright side with the COVID situation, but I think that's the reason why we're now having a problem. People are ignoring it and discounting it and going about their business. All this is happening as kids go back to school, people go back to work, and the country thinks it's time to get back to normal. Honestly, this is frighting and not in a panic/anxiety way. https://i.imgur.com/PEZPmKa.png
    Remember that whilst it looks like that on the charts it's not comparable that way because we are doing a lot more testing now. This testing is tracing people with no symptoms or barely anything whereas the method back then was just hospital cases hence the worst lot. The daily cases would have been far higher back then if they had tested properly.

But yes, I think we are seeing a problem. It has been steadily climbing since it bottomed out and now we are getting spikes. If these spikes become trend then we are going to have to change or go back to how bad it was. The government is making some changes shortly but I think it's going to be about people changing from their new complacency and stop congregating in pubs!

The rules allow for 6 people to meet (with rules about household bubbles) but also up to 30 for larger events. I walked past a large number of cars parked on a council (locked) field not long ago during a religious celebration week. There were more than 30 cars alone. Who agreed that to go ahead?

I've got it now. This sucks. It's at the back of my throat/nose right now. Got a vix inhaler shoved up my nose to help me breath better. Kept choking in my sleep from phlegm clogging my windpipe. Not sure what it is. Just feel soooo tired and feverish. The flu moves rapidly. In 1 day it got to me so whatever incubation periods there are I and my son skipped those periods LOL! I'll let you know what it is soon, going for a test.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The rules allow for 6 people to meet (with rules about household bubbles) but also up to 30 for larger events. I walked past a large number of cars parked on a council (locked) field not long ago during a religious celebration week. There were more than 30 cars alone. Who agreed that to go ahead?
    This is what I mean Terry, people are far too complacent. Christianity and Islam do no require prayer, or attendance of church/mosque. So whatever they're doing is against their beliefs because both Quran and Bible expect you to respect the law of the land.

☪️️

Terry I told you this isn't normal mate. The gathering you talk about are now banned as of 14th of September: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54081131

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Someone mention Last of the Summer Wine?

I can add to your comment, Terry...

There is also nothing as septic as a schoolboy's bedroom...
    Ay up, Nora! Not seen you around for a while.

Ay up, Nora! Not seen you around for a while.
    I keep going to reply to posts, but Nora beats me to it with the same advice I feel like I'm accidentally stalking her sometimes.

☪️️

Perfectly okay if you're going to go grouse shooting (or shootin' if you're the Home Secretary) under the new rules, Terry. But two families of four stoppin' to have a chat on their way to say, a park, is illegal according to Priti Patel.

Who voted for these muppets? Oh yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Perfectly okay if you're going to go grouse shooting (or shootin' if you're the Home Secretary) under the new rules, Terry. But two families of four stoppin' to have a chat on their way to say, a park, is illegal according to Priti Patel.

Who voted for these muppets? Oh yeah...
    When I seen this on the news I stood up and said out loud "wtf". They've only go their best interests at heart.

☪️️

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information