Thread: Effexor is demon drug

Demon drug Effexor recommendations

Just stRted Effexor for 3rd time. As before, not my choice. It would be my last choice. Only take if nowt else is working for yous.

Sure, its an effective drug when up and goin but gettin there is the problem. Startup side effects is torture. No severe depressed folk should have to put up wuth this shit. Coming off aint easy but cross that bridge when yous get there

If you have to take this poison I got 3 recommendations

1. start on 37.5mg not 75mg
    2. If anxiety get unbearable dont hesitate to take a benzo
    3. Dont google this shit the list of side effect's is huge. Any odd things yous get after starting is lukely to be side effect

The side effects go away after a few days so it aint for ever but their almost worser than what the drug is treatin.

Im sure a lot of folk here know what Im on about.

If I had choice Id go baxk on Cymbalta or Milnacipran both SNRI without the demon sude effects

Hope this helps wudnt be any point in postin otherwYs
    Last edited by lebonvin; 08-09-20 at 07:30.

Re: Effexor is demon drug

Yes, I had the same problems with Effexor. A friend of mine recommended me to try cbd oil. I hesitated at the beginning, but after I've done small research I decided to give it a try. And it helped me! If anyone interested, here are some links where you can read about cbd oil and how it can help:
    https://cbdax.co.uk/cbd-oil-and-anti...nd-depression/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol

I tried Effexor for 3 weeks and had to stop. It harms REM sleep quickly and I think it can cause brain damage.
    It almost killed me. Abilify also did not work for me, it caused my mind to slip.
    I'm taking Clonazepam now and doing much better. it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ArealPerson View Post
    I tried Effexor for 3 weeks and had to stop. It harms REM sleep quickly and I think it can cause brain damage. It almost killed me
    to NMP,

Most antidepressants (ADs) can affect REM sleep, especially at the beginning (as may anxiety and depression). This is not a sign of brain damage. In fact ADs work by repairing the damage high brain stress hormone levels do to the hippocampal regions of the brain by stimulating the growth of new brain cells. see: Depression and the Birth and Death of Brain Cells (PDF) and How antidepressant drugs act.

Abilify also did not work for me, it caused my mind to slip.
    Antipsychotics are contraindicated for most anxiety disorders, particularly GAD and Panic Disorder.

I'm taking Clonazepam now and doing much better. it works for me.
    The benzodiazepines can be very effective anti anxiety meds in the short term, but in the slightly longer term they actually make things worse and also reduce the effectiveness of ADs. They have the same effect on hippocampal neurogenesis as stress hormones do, see: Boldrini M, 2014; Nochi R, 2013; Sun Y, 2013; Song J, 2012; Wu X, 2009; Stefovska VG, 2008.

Antidepressants are a much better option, however, SNRIs can produce both more severe initial side-effects and withdrawal when stopping them. Imo, the older serotonergic tricyclic class antidepressants (TCAs) are generally the better choice if both serotonin and noradrenaline, aka norepinephrine, reuptake inhibition is desired.

Thread Information