Thread: Colon cancer fear causing HA to run wild

Colon cancer fear causing HA to run wild

So ever since 2014 I have been battling stomach/digestion issues. I had my gallbladder removed that year due to sludge and have had digestion issues since. During that time (6 years ago now) I had an Ultrasound, CT Scan, and EUS as I continued to have weird digestion issues after the cholecystectomy. All came back normal, other than a weird pancreatic anomaly on CT which was confirmed nothing on EUS. I have been on Colestipol since then as I have bile acid diarrhea from the surgery.

The last several weeks I have had flat (squished looking) stools that over the last several days have turned to diarrhea. I can eat and then need to go to the bathroom within 30 minutes. This is compounded by a full sensation almost constantly under my lowest left rib towards the center of my body. Never really pain, just feels full almost like a ball under my rib. Stomach gurgling noises seem to be alot more present over the last several weeks as well.

My HA has been slowly creeping up since the flat stools started and has now gone crazy since the diarrhea. I'm petrified that I have a bowel obstruction that is causing the flat stools and diarrhea. I'm 33.

Myriad of symptoms causing HA to run rampant

Reposting here as I think I posted in the wrong place initially.

So ever since 2014 I have been battling stomach/digestion issues. I had my gallbladder removed that year due to sludge and have had digestion issues since. During that time (6 years ago now) I had an Ultrasound, CT Scan, and EUS as I continued to have weird digestion issues after the cholecystectomy. All came back normal, other than a weird pancreatic anomaly on CT which was confirmed nothing on EUS. I have been on Colestipol since then as I have bile acid diarrhea from the surgery.

The last several weeks I have had flat (squished looking, sometimes ribbon like) stools that over the last several days have turned to diarrhea and then back to flat. I can eat and then need to go to the bathroom within 30 minutes. This is compounded by a full sensation almost constantly under my lowest left rib towards the center of my body. Never really pain, just feels full almost like a ball under my rib. Stomach gurgling noises seem to be alot more present over the last several weeks as well.

My HA has been slowly creeping up since the flat stools started and has now gone crazy since the diarrhea. I'm petrified that I have a bowel obstruction that is causing the flat stools and diarrhea. I'm 33.

Re: Myriad of symptoms causing HA to run rampant

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The last several weeks I have had flat (squished looking) stools that over the last several days flipped between diarrhea and flat thin stools. I can eat and then need to go to the bathroom within 30 minutes. This is compounded by a full sensation almost constantly under my lowest left rib towards the center of my body. Never really pain, just feels full almost like a ball under my rib. Stomach gurgling noises seem to be alot more present over the last several weeks as well. All of these stools seem to be really mushy/soft in consistency. Could the fact that they are softer be causing them to be "flattened" on exit?

My HA has been slowly creeping up since the flat stools started and has now gone crazy since the diarrhea. I'm petrified that I have a bowel obstruction and/or colon cancer that is causing the flat stools and diarrhea. I'm 33.

Re: Myriad of symptoms causing HA to run rampant

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The last several weeks I have had flat (squished looking) stools that over the last several days flipped between diarrhea and flat thin stools. I can eat and then need to go to the bathroom within 30 minutes. This is compounded by a full sensation almost constantly under my lowest left rib towards the center of my body. Never really pain, just feels full almost like a ball under my rib. Stomach gurgling noises seem to be alot more present over the last several weeks as well. All of these stools seem to be really mushy/soft in consistency. Could the fact that they are softer be causing them to be "flattened" on exit?

My HA has been slowly creeping up since the flat stools started and has now gone crazy since the diarrhea. I'm petrified that I have a bowel obstruction and/or colon cancer that is causing the flat stools and diarrhea. I'm 33.

Spiraling about colon cancer

I've battled digestive issues pretty regularly for the past 6 1/2 years ever since I had my gallbladder removed in late 2013. I was put on Colestipol to help with Bile Acid Diarrhea and have been on it on and off ever since. I have taken it regularly for the past year or so. I should also note I had an Ultrasound, CT Scan, and EUS done 6 years ago which were all normal minus the sludgy gallbladder and a funny shaped pancreas (forced a long bout with my HA convincing me I had pancreatic cancer).

Lately, about the last 2-3 months, I have been getting really soft (mushy) and flat stool. Along with this I've developed this full sensation right under my rib cage slightly to the left. The full feeling kinda extends down my side towards my hip. Now, I've had these same symptoms off and on over the past several years but now they seem to be pretty consistent. Yesterday I also developed what feels like soreness in my left hip but more towards my pelvis. I'm trying really hard not to link all of these symptoms together but my HA (and Dr Google) is telling me I have colon cancer that is causing a blockage in my descending colon, which is also pushing on a nerve in my hip area.

I probably have been more stressed over the last couple months as my wife and I are in the process of purchasing our first home and my mother (64) was just diagnosed with Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer, refused chemo and is now in end of life care.

I am so scared that I have colon cancer and its advanced. I feel like im spiraling but also terrified its actual cancer.

Re: Spiraling about colon cancer

Quote Originally Posted by boostedcoop View Post
    I've battled digestive issues pretty regularly for the past 6 1/2 years ever since I had my gallbladder removed in late 2013. I was put on Colestipol to help with Bile Acid Diarrhea and have been on it on and off ever since. I have taken it regularly for the past year or so. I should also note I had an Ultrasound, CT Scan, and EUS done 6 years ago which were all normal minus the sludgy gallbladder and a funny shaped pancreas (forced a long bout with my HA convincing me I had pancreatic cancer).

Lately, about the last 2-3 months, I have been getting really soft (mushy) and flat stool. Along with this I've developed this full sensation right under my rib cage slightly to the left. The full feeling kinda extends down my side towards my hip. Now, I've had these same symptoms off and on over the past several years but now they seem to be pretty consistent. Yesterday I also developed what feels like soreness in my left hip but more towards my pelvis. I'm trying really hard not to link all of these symptoms together but my HA (and Dr Google) is telling me I have colon cancer that is causing a blockage in my descending colon, which is also pushing on a nerve in my hip area.

I probably have been more stressed over the last couple months as my wife and I are in the process of purchasing our first home and my mother (64) was just diagnosed with Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer, refused chemo and is now in end of life care.

I am so scared that I have colon cancer and its advanced. I feel like im spiraling but also terrified its actual cancer.
    Moving house and the imminent death of a parent are major life stresses.

I sometimes have flat stools, mushy stools, formed, and what looks like a walnut whip! This is because my transit time is speeding up due to anxiety. I've been down the road of prodding through my own poo, and being totally obsessed with what exits my bum, and I convinced myself I had bowel cancer, but I didn't. I have IBS.

What Dr Google would tell you if you typed in the words .....and anxiety, would be that anxious people tense their bodies which causes a lot of aches and pains.

It's also possible to take on some of our loved one's symptoms in a psychosomatic way, but my money is on how you are tensing your body and Dr Google messing with your mind.

When people come out with new symptoms on here, I always look for the connection, and in your case it's the health of your mum and moving house.

Re: Colon cancer fear causing HA to run wild

Please just stick to this one post and don't keep deleting it and creating a new one.

Thanks

Re: Colon cancer fear causing HA to run wild

Sorry Nicola, it wont happen again

Thread Information