Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID?

Re: COVID?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Agreed. On another forum one member described himself as having a headache, aching joints, slightly feverish, nose blocked solid but somehow still runny, a bad cough and some epic sneezing. This was just a few days ago but he's over the worst of it now, he thinks.
    No headache. No aching joints. No sinus issues. Just a slight sore throat. My biggest issue is phlegm on my chest and in my nose. It's not runny, it's thick mucus and comes out when blown. When I cough I can taste the mucus. Last night in my sleep I remember dreaming lots of times I couldn't breath. I was trying so hard to breath but couldn't then a "pop" feeling would happen and I could breath. This usually means post nasal drip, mucus around the windpipe. The cough is painful. Could just be a chest infection as symptoms are about same. It is that time of year for them. If I feel better tomorrow obviously nothing sinister, my son seems to be recovering quickly.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

The sore throat sound like a common cold virus - just the kind of thing that is normally circulating at this time of year - and always coincides with the return of kids to school or students to university campuses. If you suddenly lose your sense of taste and smell (without a bunged up nose from the cold) then you might want to get tested. This happened to me back in early February - and I hadn't gone down with the run of the mill viruses for over 5 years - totally new virus and lost sense for nearly a week. They weren't testing for CV then unfortunately ...You might want to check on the Express and Star online - I noticed they had a list of local testing centres in the Midlands and I think there was a number to call - either 191 or 119 to check.

I am losing my sense of taste and smell. I can't taste the monster energy drink I'm sipping. I couldn't taste the soup. Sense of smell is defo different too. The kicker is the coughing fit I just had. I was curled up clutching my chest. It felt like lave was in my lungs and it was so painful to breath during that. The sore throat isn't significant compared to the cough. Sore throat is on the 2 pain scale, the burning feeling just was a 10/10. I don't know if it's advisable to go to the hospital to get a test. My breathing is fine. My chest area is very hot.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Wow, read this https://www.webmd.com/lung/covid-19-symptoms ... it says sore throat, mucus, dry cough, nausea and vomiting (yesterday), diarrhea (all day yesterday). Not looking good.

☪️️

Temperature is now at fever levels. 38.2. I'm sat next to a boiling hot radiator shivering cold. I got up to do a lemsip and went freezing cold all over. My hands went white I was that cold. This is so unpleasant folks. My cat is even lying close to me and he generally avoids me. Keeps coming to touch his nose on mine. Cats are awesome little things. I've had more of those unpleasant coughing episodes. My partner said I should go to A&E because she thought I was dying when I was clutching my chest. It's not heart pain ha ha, just so painful to cough that I run to the bathroom to drink freezing cold water as if it's going to cool it down. Sorry for my rambling, this is pretty nasty whatever it may be.

☪️️

That sounds awful, Wired. Sorry you’re feeling so poorly! The problem with Covid is that there are just so many symptoms, and each of the symptoms could also be related to another virus entirely. Really the only way to know for sure is to get tested. I will say, with how rapidly this seems to have progressed, it seems more flu than Covid. But better safe than sorry, and get tested IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    That sounds awful, Wired. Sorry you’re feeling so poorly! The problem with Covid is that there are just so many symptoms, and each of the symptoms could also be related to another virus entirely. Really the only way to know for sure is to get tested. I will say, with how rapidly this seems to have progressed, it seems more flu than Covid. But better safe than sorry, and get tested IMO.
    Still awake, can't sleep. Cough doesn't feel as painful I've been huffing eucalyptus oil and since doing that I'm coughing up a lot of mucus. I know it's possible to have fast flu's like this because it's happened in 2018, and it quickly left too. He went in Friday for 2 hours (I didn't know was asleep and I thought he just went out with mom, I'm on vampire hours atm) so it's possible he could have picked something up and it festered over the weekend but I'd usually expect some pre flu symptoms before it hits.

I've got a feeling many people will get viruses like this over the winter and it's going to be a worrying time for many.

Thanks all for allowing me to vent my concerns and being understanding.

☪️️

You really should be booking a test.

I called my doctor who said they don't do tests and told me to call 111. I called 111 and they told me to call 119. I called 119 who told me to go online. I went online which said I needed a smart phone.

How are all these tests happening if it's so damned hard to get a test in the first place?

I'm better today but the itchy throat/lungs is annoying. Definitely feeling heaps better.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I called my doctor who said they don't do tests and told me to call 111. I called 111 and they told me to call 119. I called 119 who told me to go online. I went online which said I needed a smart phone.

How are all these tests happening if it's so damned hard to get a test in the first place?

I'm better today but the itchy throat/lungs is annoying. Definitely feeling heaps better.
    That's good to hear. (re your latter paragraph).

Wishing you and your family speedy recoveries.

For the record, I'm feeling a bit better myself today.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information