Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID?

Re: COVID?

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I called my doctor who said they don't do tests and told me to call 111. I called 111 and they told me to call 119. I called 119 who told me to go online. I went online which said I needed a smart phone.

How are all these tests happening if it's so damned hard to get a test in the first place?

I'm better today but the itchy throat/lungs is annoying. Definitely feeling heaps better.
    Glad to hear that!

Your experience reminded me in a way of the last driver awareness course I got sent on - I took the basic requirement for identity but someone running the course said it wasn't enough. I was threatened with being reported to the police and ejection from the course unless I complied by some other officious ******* and told I would be expected to pay the fine and take the points.

I then took out the letter I received and pointed out to them that I had met the requirements as set out by the letter and that in turn, I would be raising a complaint with their management.

Suddenly, things settled.

I know plenty of people who don't have smartphones - I can think of three of my mates right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Glad to hear that!

Your experience reminded me in a way of the last driver awareness course I got sent on - I took the basic requirement for identity but someone running the course said it wasn't enough. I was threatened with being reported to the police and ejection from the course unless I complied by some other officious ******* and told I would be expected to pay the fine and take the points.

I then took out the letter I received and pointed out to them that I had met the requirements as set out by the letter and that in turn, I would be raising a complaint with their management.

I know plenty of people who don't have smartphones - I can think of three of my mates right now!
    With the recent news about Google voice recording conversations that's one of the reasons I don't own "smart" devices. I find a regular old nokia lasts far longer on battery.

Cases in Dudley and Black Country are making the news again. I'm stuck in the bloody heart of it.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Glad to hear that!

Clueless individuals like those running the driver awareness course you attended, and some of those who work in the service economy really do my nut in. Seems some organisations just accept any old blame-gaming chancers of employees willy-nilly, regardless of qualifications or even general attitude.

BTW, sorry for hijacking your thread WIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    BTW, sorry for hijacking your thread WIC.
    It's ok, I could with a change of conversation lol.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

With the recent news about Google voice recording conversations that's one of the reasons I don't own "smart" devices. I find a regular old nokia lasts far longer on battery.

Cases in Dudley and Black Country are making the news again. I'm stuck in the bloody heart of it.
    Well, please make sure you and yours keep safe. How's the little one anyway?

Yes, I remember how you could go for weeks before charging the battery on a Nokia - mate of mine where I used to work had a smart phone that'd barely last a morning before needing to be put on charge and that was with a new battery!!

Well, please make sure you and yours keep safe. How's the little one anyway?

Yes, I remember how you could go for weeks before charging the battery on a Nokia - mate of mine where I used to work had a smart phone that'd barely last a morning before needing to be put on charge and that was with a new battery!!
    The lad is doing well thanks for asking. He's eating normally, running about, playing the DS and managed to tidy his room. He wants to go back but think I'm going to send him back Monday as he's coughing a lot still.

Yeah that's like my nokia. If nobody calls it will last a very long time. I loved the original Motorola Razer, and now I see they've came out with a smart phone version. Still prefer the original. I wonder how much they are on ebay.

☪️️

Found loads on ebay. This one looks nice. I just might get it. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-CONDI...YAAOSwA8VfLTsN

☪️️

Can you book a test on nhs direct?
    I’m glad your son is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found loads on ebay. This one looks nice. I just might get it. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-CONDI...YAAOSwA8VfLTsN
    At least that's something nice to focus on during this difficult time.

Retro tech is a massive thing these days.

Go for it - you know it makes sense. My wife loved the predictive text on Motorola phones and convinced me to get a secondhand Razr V3, but I thought the battery life terrible - "what good's a phone you have to charge every day?!" I cried.

Little did I know what was coming much later....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information