7 or 8 days ago, I noticed above my right hip what seemed like pimple - a red bump. I especially paid attention to it because a day earlier an ortho doctor diagnosed my with hip bursitis, since I had pain and discomfort in that area, although it more felt like a muscle strain or something like that. Anyway, since the bump was not a pimple, a started looking and obsessing about it, and in a day or two, it looked little inflamed, and more visible, and i noticed two tiny bumps in it. I went to the doctor (GP), and after explaining to him, he said that it looked like a bug bite, and the fact that it is above the that problematic hip was just a coincidence. But the thing never went away. It became little bigger but sort of pale around, and I was trying to figure out what it can be. Could not take it anymore and yesterday I went to my dermatologist, who is excellent expert. I asked him even if it may be a mild shingles, but he said NO, and confirmed a GP diagnosis : a bug bite, probably spider. He gave me prescription corticosteroid cream to put two or three times a day.

It seems like it is calming down, and at the same time, the pain around my hip and waist is less as well. But, still there. I could not find around the internet anything that says that a spider bite may last longer than week. Now , since , of course, I have horrible OCD and anxiety, my mind is going beyond any imagination: what if someone poked me with a dirty needle , and I did not notice, and maybe infected me with something, like HIV. I know that this is truly wild, but , as all of you know, OCD attacks you even worse the more you try to rationalize a situation

Please help with some comforting words, if at all possible. I do not know what to do.